Did you have physical repercussions?

by ozziepost 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

A serious question, seriously asked, with serious intent:

When you faced a judicial committee, did you suffer physically from the experience?

We have learned of sisters suffering greatly from the experience. For example, one sister in Australia went into shock during the meeting with the judicial committee (she was innocent of all charges laid against her and was a zealous publisher/pioneer at the time and had been for decades). She was taken from the JC at the Kingdom Hall by her husband and was soon in hospital where she stayed for three months. For two weeks she was in intensive care and the doctors told the family that her situation was dire. Her bowel had spasmed and blocked. She underwent surgery to remove part of her bowel in order to save her life, but this was not the end, for she underwent further surgery to remove her bowel. She is a mighty angry sister these days!

Another sister, in another state, suffered similarly from shock and for a while her blockage was thought to be cancerous. Another angry sister recalls the events. Again she was innocent of all charges.

So, do you know of other cases in other lands where people have suffered physically from the experience?

Cheers, Ozzie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I almost fainted and had to be caught by one of the elders before I fell on the floor.

I also suffered from IBS which was a real problem at that time

And we won't forget the stress related back and neck problems.

I also experienced something called arteriol retinal migraines which made me go blind in one eye for short periods of time

And my hair started to fall out

Ah yes the joys of the judicial committee

• shera
    shera

I'm speechless

• Prisca
    Prisca

I was brought into a JC (although at the time I didn't even realise it was a JC) to face accusations put against me - by my own father.

I was extremely traumatised at the time, due to various events that had occured, and it was even more traumatising to be accused of things I hadn't done, by my own father. My sister and bro-in-law had to testify as to my good character!!!

I will never forget sitting in that cold back room/library of the KH, just one tiny radiator to warm us.

I was shivering, not because of the cold, but because of nerves. I had never been involved in any wrong-doing, let alone ever had a elder need to talk to me, and here I was in a JC facing 3 elders!!

The outcome was that I was exonerated, the charges my father had made were false, just to cover himself. So he was the one who ended up getting a private reproof, and lost his privileges for a while.

The events leading up to that JC, and events that happened afterwards, left me traumatised for a few years - I couldn't talk about the situation without my hands literally shaking. I'm much better now, but I know what it's like to have false charges put against you. It's even more sickening when it's done by your own parent!!

• Brummie
    Brummie

I am totally disgusted by what I have read here...can't read anymore of it.

I know of suicides taking place after judicials and one before judicial by someone who couldnt face it. Tragic! ...can't even bare thinking about.

How dare they cause such trauma..

Brummie

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that Prisca. The so called Watch Tower judicial system is worse than the Cheka in the former Soviet Union. The Watch Tower is a religious dictatorship and only democratic reforms forced upon them from within and without will change the system.

Athanasius

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    The events leading up to that JC, and events that happened afterwards, left me traumatised for a few years - I couldn't talk about the situation without my hands literally shaking. I'm much better now, but I know what it's like to have false charges put against you. It's even more sickening when it's done by your own parent!!

((((Pris))))

I try to hard to understand where you come from and you seem so happy when you visit us, but to have to live through such horrific treatment is beyond my experience, even my comprehension! My heart goes out to you when I realise that this stuff still weighs on you (even if only slightly) after all these years.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I actually was going through a series of judicial committees, due to my incomprehensible desire to see young women naked - weird, huh?

I kept "messing up", then crawling to a committee to confess and repent, then within a week I'd do it a again. Oh, those wicked women... heh heh heh...

So I kind of got used to it, almost blase. Almost. I cried, and begged for mercy when they nailed me to the wall. I became depressed, but guess what? some women were happy to help me through the difficult time. They were naked. Heh heh heh...

No physical effects, but I'm pretty strong inside, defiant. It wouldn't surprise me if someone did become ill, however. Shame about that woman's bowels. Isn't there a scripture in Jeremiah about bowels in a ferment?

CZAR of the Naked and Loving It Class

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Great question Ozzie, and some real honest personal replies. I feel sad for anyone who has been through a similair experience to the one you and others have mentioned.

For me, well, all I can compare my JC and DF'ing to is sexual abuse and rape. They stripped me of my dignity and abused my trust because I was vulnerable. They made me feel worthless. I was DF'ed for something I was accused of but didn't do...........but they weren't going to worry about that, they had to get me.

I suffered from panick attacks, headaches, and particularly gut problems. I had trouble digesting anything and also pain and neausea all the time. Did they care??????????? NO. Oh well, I survived.

Was I alone in the suffering????????? NO! My children had physical and emotional problems too, and my husband decided he'ld had enough.

So here we are, in good company with other survivors.............NOT victims, of the infamous JC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ugg
    ugg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit