whats the purpose of human life

by BIBLE BASHER 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Is it to be born,grow old-aging,become decrepit,sickly then die ,then become a new spirit creature and never die! Then what explains the existing spirit creatures that were never human .

Was it intented to never die ,human life without end? Afterall the human body does replenish itself but, all of a sudden starts to break down, why?

What is the purpose of human life? Without the explanation written in all the so-called holy books, and the explanations are varied, all the brilliant minds don't have an answer.

I don't understand so I'm in good company.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Isn't it obvious?

It appears complex to us, but maybe that's because we are limited in our frame of reference. Perhaps we are in fact very simple mechanisms that just think we must be complex because we are too simple to know any different.

Expatbrit

• Undecided
    Undecided

It seems to me if you had all the time there is, all the intelligence to understand everything, all the power to run it all and you came up with the human race, something went wrong. But you might have just been bored with nothing better to do.

Better minds than mine have been seeking the answer for thousands of years and they come up with religions with contrary answers, so I guess we can make up our own story and stick with it, or change it occasionally to suit our moods.

All I can think off for the purpose of life is to live it while it is available as it is taken away too soon. Everything dies, even the universe, given enough time, so I see no real purpose for it all.

Ken P.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

To eat, drink, and see good for all of our hard work that we are doing under the sun. For there is neither knowledge nor devising nor wisdom in Sheol, the place to which we are going.

Yee-haw! Everybody on the Sheol Express! Next Stop, Iraq!

CZAR

• patio34
    patio34

It seems to me that the wrong question is being asked because it presupposes there IS a purpose. The question is: Is there a purpose to life?

It's like asking "when did you stop beating your wife?" Wrong question.

Pat

Edited by - patio34 on 9 February 2003 23:48:4

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Excellent question, basher! I've been asking myself the same thing....in fact, it's one of the prime reasons why I doubt the existence of God. I think that we are here because our parents had sex ant that particular swimmer scored. Hopefully, each of us can leave a bit of a legacy through our children and the interactions that we have with those that come into contact with.

Coon

• Dawn
    Dawn

Hi Bible Basher:

I believe that each person has a purpose - we are here to learn, to grow, to love, and to improve ourselves and the world around us. When Jesus said "the kingdom of God is within you" I believe he meant that literally - we have the power to make this world a better place if we believe (have faith) and are willing to put in the work required.

That's my thoughts on each person's individual purpose. Why is the entire human race here? The same reason we as humans choose to have children - why have kids? Because we want them, and we want to share our lives with them. Same reason God made us - he wanted us and wanted to share a relationship with us.

• Undecided
    Undecided
    Same reason God made us - he wanted us and wanted to share a relationship with us.

How would you feel if you father never ever talked to you, left a book that couldn't be understood? Would that be a relationship?

Ken P.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I have two choices, either I make the most of being happy or making the most of being miserable. I have chosen the first, and it is up to me to make the most of it. Being happy is not without a struggle when you consider the conditions we have to put up with. The choice is yours and yours alone.

Guest 77

• acsot
    acsot
    Is it to be born,grow old-aging,become decrepit,sickly then die ,then become a new spirit creature and never die! Then what explains the existing spirit creatures that were never human

My quandary also! I mean, why would the angels (if there are any) not have to go through all this sh$t of life on earth and yet we humans get to experience disease, war, torture, abuse, etc., along with the occasional bright spot like watching a sunset and playing with a puppy. The angels (if there are any) get to see sunsets also from where they are (if there are any). I hope there's an answer, I'd love for there to be something else besides this life, but I have no idea what that could be .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit