Any Aussies about?

by OlderTom 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• exjwbennymcd1978
    exjwbennymcd1978

im originally from victoria cranbourne congregation remember melton much.... ....although one time at an open park of some kind with speakers out and about ....i distincly remember that day because it was raining in the morning on the way there ... oh god i remember hoping the rain kept coming... and it did ! ..... i think it rained the whole 3 days.....

NO ONE KNOWS THE PLEASURE OF A CANCELLED ASSEMBLY LIKE JW YOUTH (let alone a jw childhood and thats why i love this site)

~ moved to west oz in 93 faded from there on ..... i am convinced that only a jw youth could ever fully understand another ...... im from the "generations" era ....

we all tried so very hard

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Hey Benny!

Born in '78? Im '79....Adelaide.

Never had the pleasure of a cancelled assembly...lol. Would love one these days :)

• exjwbennymcd1978
    exjwbennymcd1978

oh hello wantstoleave ~ yes i was born in 78 when i think of it now it almost seems like a dream ~ oh my god went through the motions the whole peace and security thing, witnessing hoping that school friends would not answer the door, the generation thing ~ four meetings a week ~ i think often about the youth of my day which offcourse consisted of only JW's ~ i think each one of us had our own way of dealing with the over exposure of what was to come (armagedon) ~ i would love to see some of them now ~ i think we all share something very common that is hard for me to put into words ~ i wonder if at all it would be possible to get a list of the brothers and sisters from my era from somewhere so i could possibly look them up on facebook ~ i'd love to share with you wantstoleave

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

You know now that there arent that many meetings a week? Down to 1 midweek one and the usual Sunday one. They say its to move with the times, people lead busier lives etc. I think its because numbers are down and hardly anyone was turning up for the bookstudy group anymore.

You on fb? Maybe I can look you up...

• exjwbennymcd1978
    exjwbennymcd1978

dear wantstoleave i think i managed to send you an email...... sure im on facebook just type in my exact name:

benjamin lawrence kennard mcdonnell

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Cheers Benny.....will hopefully get around to Fb soon :)

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Did you say BBQ??? I'm in! keep us posted- did I mention I make pretty darn good SpudBake ?

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Lillith26 I love potato bake at BBQs. Which part of Oz are you in?

Hopscotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit