Any Aussies about?

by OlderTom 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

How about dropping a line on the main board or e-mailing me. We are organising another BBQ and would like to invite you along.

OlderTom

Pretty soon we'll have to organise Warwick farm Race cource for our assemblies. Remember warwick farm?

• Prisca
    Prisca

I had nice memories of Warwick Farm. It sort of became "our" meeting place for the District assemblies, oops, I mean Conventions.

I left the JWs when they stopped having the conventions there. It was obvious that they weren't the right religion because of the change in direction, in having the conventions at the Super Dome. Just didn't seem right. Realised there wasn't any scriptures backing up the move from Warwick Farm to the Super Dome. Did my research, and read Crisis of Conventions. Gave me all the details I needed to realise that this couldn't possibly be God's Organisation if they made such drastic changes like this. I mean, moving from the Sydney Cricket Ground to Warwick Farm was obviously New Light, but to move the conventions to the Super Dome was pure apostasy. I severed my connections from the "truth" from that moment on.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Just bringing this back to the top.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I went to Warick Farm just once me thinks (1986) Sat under a small tree with wife and ankle biters. Last assembly I attended before apostate business at the Superdome last year.

Whatever happened to Vampireman - the big watchtower defender?

• hippikon
    hippikon

Keep me posted on the BBQ. I will need about a months notice.

"But it does move"
    Galileo

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Im Aussie :)

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Hi wantstoleave

I just posted on your I'm New thread and then saw this one. Where about are you. I'm in Queensland just north of Brisbane

Hopscotch

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Hey! Im in Adelaide :) Are you male or female? Lol...

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Hi wantstoleave

I'm a girl. Married with one son (19). The three of us got out together.

Hopscotch

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Nice to meet you :) I have 2 children....single parent. Husband up and left over a year ago without warning. He's in another country now, and magically attending meetings. (He never did while married to me)...Go figure....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit