Gosh, That Was SO Good, Darlin' *Burp*

by Englishman 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Her Ladyship has just presented me with a wonderful Sunday lunch. Half a lobster as a starter, with salad garnish and vinaigrette.

The main course comprised a sirloin steak, bubble and squeak, topped off with a fried ducks egg.

Gosh, I love that girl. She talked me out of my normal roast beef or roast lamb preferences, thank you Honeybun.

So......whatcha going to be dining on today, my friends? Tell me, please!

Englishman.

Edited by - Englishman on 9 February 2003 12:53:18

• copsec
    copsec

English,

What is bubble and squeak????? I have heard of it but never knew what it was!

We got up this morning and went out to eat. I had two pancakes with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries on them. My hubby had eggs, sausage, pancakes and biscuits and gravy. He was HUNGRY today!!!!

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

OH! That sounds yummy, can we come Pleez

This morning I made my kids my famous pancakes that are known in our neighbourhood. Our kids usually have friends sleep over on the weekend, so I'll get up and make a big batch of pancakes. It has now become family tradition to have pancakes at least one day on the weekend.

Tonight we are having ham, creamy cheesy scalloped potatoes, vegetables and a nice garden salad. Can hardly wait

P.S. Englishman, WHAT no yorkshire pudding?!

Edited by - calamityjane on 9 February 2003 13:4:12

• Aztec
    Aztec

Sounds like a whole days worth of food in one meal! Sounds delicious though.

For breakfast my son and I had homemade rye bread and cottage cheese. For lunch we'll probably have baked subs and potato salad and for dinner pork chops with mushroom gravy and almandine rice and a salad. At some point I'm gonna bake a spiced pumpkin bread so that'll probably be dessert. I LOVE to cook!

~Aztec

• meat pie
    meat pie

Hello there Eman and HL, we just had green salad, coleslaw,potato salad, French bread and what the kids call my Firecracker chicken. A whole chicken with a blend of cayenne pepper garlic butter and herbs stuffed under the skin a lemon inside and fast roasted. Yummy! when that's gone down we're having jelly and ice-cream!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Had donuts for breakfas this morning...from my son in law's donut shop.

The other night wifey took me and her parents out to celebrate a raise and a bonus she got at work. We went to a swanky french restaurant and had wild boar with black truffles shaved on it...I also had a great lobster bisque soup and a warm torte salad with sauteed mushrooms. We has a great white wine with our dinner and topped it all off with a toast of Glenlivet 12 yr. old single malt scotch and a soufflee made with Baily's Irish Cream and drizzled with the absolout BEST chocolate sauce I've ever tasted.

Of course, then they brough the bill and I nearly fainted. LOL

For the four of us...without gratuity...it was $498! Whew...glad she was buyin'!

Coon

• alfie
    alfie

Mygawd E-man, that sounded tasty. Unfortunately, Mrs. alfie is under the weather presently and so we'll be dining on chicken soup and soft toast points with strawberry ice cream and Jello for dessert. Next week however will be totally different. We'll go out to some swanky joint and chow down on some real high class grub.

CIAO4NIAO!!

alfie

• Englishman
    Englishman

Copsec,

Bubble and squeak is a very economical meal as it utilises excess vegetables that may have been cooked earlier and refrigerated. Mashed potato is the main ingredient, mixed to gether with previously cooked cabbage, carrots etc into a cake about an inch or so thick. You fry it very fast on a high heat until it sears and browns, then you keep turning it over so that the browned parts become integral with the mashed potato. Don't use too much cooking oil or it will taste a bit grotty.

Englishman.

Edited by - Englishman on 9 February 2003 13:42:9

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

We took our Jennie out to lunch at her favorite restaurant to celebrate straight A's on her last report card. Her favorite restaurant is Todai, a seafood buffet with a Japanese flavor and really good food - everything from sushi to lobster. Our daughter has expensive taste! She followed it with an ice cream cone from Baskin Robbins (from which everyone else abstained -- it's COLD today in Dallas!). One of our neighbors invited us all over for dinner so I don't know what we're having there.

Sounds delish, E-man!

Nina

• Valis
    Valis

Egads eman! eating that rich will undoubtedly give you the gout! We'll have to chop off your leg, get you a parrot, eye patch and peg leg....arrrggg matey! *LOL*

I had coffee and a smoke for breakfast followed by beer and another smoke for lunch and I'll be dining on Shrimp Creole and Minnesota wild rice, that was lovingly sent to me by my other favorite wild things from Minnesota.

cup finely chopped shallots or green onions
    2 onions, diced
    1/2 cup green bell pepper
    1/2 cup red bell pepper
    1 large tomato, diced
    3 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
    1/4 cup parsley, minced
    1 large can tomato paste
    1 teaspoon sugar
    3 cups water (but preferably chicken stock or fish stock)
    Cayenne pepper to taste (start with 1 teaspoon)
    2 pounds peeled uncooked shrimp*
    Cooked white rice
    1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup shortening for roux

To begin, make a dark roux. Add water (or stock), tomato paste, and sugar. Simmer a few minutes. Add all other ingredients except shrimp or chicken. Let simmmer 45 minutes to an hour. Mixture should be thick; if it is not, make a little more roux and add it to the mixture. Add shrimp or chicken. Simmer another 20-25 minutes. Serve over hot cooked white rice. (Serves 6.)

1 Cup Minnesota Wild Rice
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    3 cups water

Clean and drain rice...bring water to a boil, add rice, set on simmer cover and let cook for 45-50 minutes...After rice is done fluff w/a fork and let sit 5 minutes. Serves 6 or more

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit