Ozzie's Weekend Poll #36

by ozziepost 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

3 and 8, sort of. I threw them away after a while. At first I felt guilty about that. But when I knew I was leaving, I didn't care. I did give my books to my sister, but the mags I tossed.

• alfie
    alfie

Good morning everybody,

Ahh yes; surplus magazines, the bane of all good and loyal publishers. My better half and I never seemed to be able to hoodwink convince householders that the mags were worth having so the answer to this poll is multiple.

#3- Due to the above stated inability.

#5- As I drive a public bus designed to transport seniors and people with disabilities, I would sometimes carry back copies with me and try to "place" them with my passengers, a practice that brought the rebuke of my employers on more than one occasion. Of course, that didn't stop me as I was after all doing God's work, was I not.My wife also tried to foist her surplus mags on her fellow employees, which usually met with a negative response and the occasional "Mrs alfie can be such a pain";which brings us to the last two ways we handled the leftovers:

#12 & #8- The "other" is that usually our surplus stock gathered dust on our "Magazine Shelf" at home whereupon we would eventually; mygawd the thought was repulsive, recycle them.

Interestingly when we moved to our present address a few years ago, we still had some old magazines in boxes. I must haul them out sometime and fire them in the recycling box. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

alfie

• Nordic
    Nordic

NR:8

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

Hi!

I found that if you roll them up real tightly and tie them up that they make great fireplace logs!

Cyrus

• shera
    shera

Threw them away

• gumby
    gumby

Good topic OZ!

(12) I ..being the tightwad that I am would sometimes put them in boxes and keep them in the trunk of the car so I'd be sure and have some on hand at all times to use for freebie mags. ( I don't think I ever pulled one from the box )

A side point: The amount of WASTE from un-used, un-read magazines is stagering! Yet these millions of un-used magazines give impressive looking figures of the dubs "Worldwide Preaching Work"

Gumby ( being way too serious on a Sunday )

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Sometimes at the laundromat.

Sometimes at the doors (in a neighboring town)

• Mulan
    Mulan

#12-------I would gather them all up, put them in large black garbage bags, and put them in the trash. I hoped no one would see what I was throwing out.

• Mum
    Mum

Back in the 1970's (I left in 1979), we were encouraged to leave the old mags in the doors of not-at-homes in the territory. We were advised to be sure to leave them where they could not be seen from the street so that no houses would be robbed because of the mags being visible on the doorstep for days on end. SO, I left the mags where other people could burn, shred or otherwise dispose of them.

I am one of those people who can't "waste" anything (except for 17 or so years of my life on a cult).

SandraC

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

#8. I already asked a few times to have less magazines, but they refuse32, because the left overs are already so big.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit