Ozzie's Weekend Poll #36

by ozziepost 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Hope you're having a bonza weekend! Mrs Ozzie and I have really enjoyed a very pleasant time with friends and now are spending a bit of quiet time with a nice espresso. So time to take a "break" and let's share some time reminiscing together about "the old days". Yes, that's right, it's time for our weekend poll.

This weekend's question is:

What did you do with your surplus magazines?

1. They're still in my witnessing bag!

2. What surplus magazines??

3. All my magazine order was surplus!

4. Took them to the doctor's office waiting room and counted them as placements.

5. Handed them out to travellers on the bus/train.

6. Cut out the pictures for the kids' school projects.

7. I invested so much in "the Worldwide Work" that I keep them in plastic covers.

8. Recycled them.

9. Offered them as a "lucky door prize" at the congregation picnic.

10. Left them at the door of the Kingdom Hall.

11. Told the missus/hubby that we're spending too much on them and cancelled my order.

12. Other (please give details).

Looking forward to your responses. Enjoy.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

12. Other (please give details).

Well, I'd keep them, I had a stack of them on one of the shelves, and then onece in awhile, I'd gather them, and my mums surplus, and we would shred them through the shredding machine. Them we'd take all that pulp and bring it to the recylling centre.

LOL, we shredded them, cuz we thought it would be nagative for jehovah's name if we would simply dispose of them, I mean, what would people think if they knew that we, as witnesses, threw our mags away? Oh, the memories.....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Really????!!!!!!!!!!! Struth!

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

cancelled my order, and walked away into the sunset.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Yep, really. Funny thing is, it took us hours to shred them, we could have just gone out in service and placed them with less effort than shredding those things. LMAO

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

All the pubs in the congregation would put all their back issues in a box in the library lovingly dubbed the "treasure box". All the pioneers would go through an look for their fav issues so that they could either be placed or left at not at homes (tm)

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Viv

should've taken the shredded paper to your local pet shop and let them use it in the puppys boxes to piss on would have the best kind of use for the mags...hehehehe

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

I would use them to get the fire started in the fireplace. Sometimes when they were burning, I could hear demons screaming.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

12) Laundry Mat

• jelly
    jelly

12) other, I used them as rolling papers.

Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit