Scientology Superbowl Ad

by azor 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Azor. Don't you understand? The only way to make America safe is to build a wall, expand our military, and hunker down until the world becomes just like us. Everyone who is different is a potential terrorist/mass murderer. Not to mention, as South Park so eloquently stated," They're takin' er jerbs!"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Azor, does MEXICO have laws governing immigration into MEXICO?

Yes it does. Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says, “A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally.”

WHY is it OK for MEXICO to have immigration laws but BIGOTED for the US to insist on the same sovereignty?

Call me names if it helps your argument.

• azor
    azor

Nathan I never said there was an issue with having laws dealing with immigration. The issue is the wall and the manipulative rhetoric coming from those in power. By the way, you called yourself a bigot so I'm just obliging you.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

What I've not heard from anyone on this or any other threads is what exactly is "extreme vetting"? Is this just another slogan like "repeal Obamacare"? In 90 days are we going to hear that they haven't figured out what to do yet?

This administration is big on getting things done, but have no idea HOW to get things done! Let's hear a shred of evidence that there is a plan, and maybe people will back it. From what I've read, Trump is rubber stamping Bannon's ideas without even considering the ramifications.

We still have no idea how to pay for the wall, let alone what to do about the ACA. Why don't we tackle one problem at a time? I hardly think we're in danger of of a nuke going off in New York, or another major city in the next month or so.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Azor, you are inaccurate. I said, "I'm a bigot if I don't support criminals? OK, put me down as bigot."

So apparently YOU feel that it is BIGOTED to not support criminals. With your admitted family history, I can see why you might feel that way.

I'm glad your grandmother's son fought to help the Allies win WWII and defeat nazism. Spain and many South American countries were either collaborators with the Nazis or looked the other way when the Nazis sought refuge in those countries after WWII. Were many of your family Nazis?

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

???? This thread has been seriously derailed. I thought it was about scientology???

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I never saw the Scientology commercial. I may have missed it, but my wife (who is into the commercials) missed it too. I wonder if it was regional or everywhere.

• cofty
    cofty

I heard an American talking about how much she enjoys the Superbowl. Among the things she loves were the commercials!

To us in the UK this just sounds odd. Sporting events have no commercials until half-time which is when you go and fetch drinks and snacks and channel-hop for 15 minutes. If it's on BBC there are no adverts at all.

• Nathan Natas
  • Simon
    Simon

Yeah, the best thing you often hear about the Super Bowl is the half time show and the ads.

All US sports are stop-start so they can show ads (and they also all need equipment which is why they're promoted).

Give me a game of real football (where y'now, they use their feet) anyday! 45+ minutes of action with no interruptions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit