Threat warning changing anyone's plans?

by Shakita 29 Replies latest jw friends

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Some choose to not worry - if something happens then they say it's their time to go.

Others continue their day-to-day activities, but are slightly more cautious of their surroundings.

Others are more drastic and are moving to different areas that may be of less risk.

I think it's up to you to decide what's best for you. If you're constantly worrying about your safety, then maybe you should consider relocating to a different area where you'd feel safer. I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all. If you feel that it's your time to go if something happens now, then....stay.

Just know the threat is real. There are thousands of people in the Middle East that live each day plotting how to bring the USA down. They are intent on causing USA casualties, and it only stands to reason they will succeed in some way at some point in time. These are the harsh realities of life today, in this country and any other Ally unfortunately.

Personally, another catastrophe and I'm outta here. I'd rather not have to deal with the potential chaos that could break out in this country. I don't feel my time is up yet, and I'd rather not have it cut short prematurely because some people want to make us pay for our governments actions.

I'm not interested in street violence and gangs, therefore I don't live in a neighborhood that has that type life prevalent.

I don't smoke, therefore I don't hang out at smoke palors.

I don't desire to fall sick due to some disease such as anthrax or smallpox, therefore I will take any measure necessary to prevent that from happening. If it means potentially moving to another part of the world, then so be it. There's so much to see, I have no reason to limit myself to one particular area for the rest of my life anyways. Picking up and relocating will not be an easy task, but it could be done if I felt my life depended on it.

I think the wise person would consider these things now and have some sort of "just in case" plan in mind, for our lives could change any day now. I've had several events happen in my post-JW life that happened because I was not wise enough to look ahead and see the outcome of my actions. After all of the events, I wish I had followed my gut feeling, because it was talking to me, but I ignored it. Same applies to now - I have the same gut feeling...but I guess I'm waiting for the first bad thing to happen before making a decision.

Hopefully that first bad thing won't be the nuke in San Fran. :-P

• JH
    JH

At least Bush stands for what he believes in. I would not have wanted to see Gore after 9/11 or in any crisis for that matter.

Do you think that having Bush as president instead of Gore, makes things better? Bush is tough, but by being that tuff, maybe he gets the country into trouble.

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

If Clinton was President, he would have launched some million dollar cruise missiles to kill some camels and destroy a few tents. Then he would have got on television and said, "I feel your pain."

• Beans
    Beans

No, I still plan to invade Dallas on Feb 28th for Apostageddon!

• back2dafront
    back2dafront
    Do the things you always do, act upon your freedom. We will get through this.

Or, things will get worse. Whatever you want to believe. The signs are telling me things are gonna get worse before they get better, especially w/ the Bush admin calling shots.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    At least Bush stands for what he believes in.

So do Jehovahs Witnesses, but you don't blindly follow them anymore. So what does bush stand for exactly? It certaintly isn't peace.

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Bush stands for violence, and it goes way back into childhood. http://www.all-creatures.org/aip/nl-3nov2000-frogs.html

`We were terrible to animals,' recalled [Bush pal Terry] Throckmorton, laughing. A dip behind the Bush borne turned into a small lake after a good rain, and thousands of frogs would come out. `Everybody would get BB guns and shoot them,' Throckmorton said. `Or we'd put firecrackers in the frogs and throw them and blow them up.'

George W. Bush, 54, apparently learned hunting and alleged sportsmanship the National Rifle Association way, from his father, former U.S. President George H. Bush. NRA vice president Kayne Robinson boasted at a members-only meeting in early 2000 that Bush, if elected, would be a president where we work out of their office.

" On May 25, however, Lantos and 20 other Representatives showed that they should've recognized the character issue by introducing House Concurrent Resolution 338. The Resolution, according to Lantos' press release, urges greater attention to identifying and treating individuals who are guilty of violence against animals because of the link between abuse of animals and violence against humans. In addition, it urges federal agencies to further investigate the link between cruelty toward animals and violence against humans. "

you KNOW he's gonna sit back and watch the war on a flatscreen, cheering on the good 'ol american boys as those 300 bombs fall on Baghdad. He probably gets some sick pleasure out of it.

Just like he must have enjoyed sending 150+ people to death row.

• manon
    manon

The potential of nuclear, bio, chemical,soft target attacks are very possible. Then again I won't be sitting around the house waiting for them to happen. I have a life and I have every intention of living it.

And as for Bush, well I prefer to live in a society where I can add a caption to a picture of his face and say "I lost my binky or Jeb, broke my crayons" and not die or dissapear for it.

As opposed to other societies.

Manon

• back2dafront
    back2dafront
    As opposed to other societies.

As if every other society outside the USA will hang you for saying that.

<shakes head>

Jeb broke my crayons...HAHAHHAA good one!

How about a picture by George Sr that says "George is out back shootin frogs again!!"

• Aztec
    Aztec
    How about a picture by George Sr that says "George is out back shootin frogs again!!"

LMAO!!! Good one!

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit