Threat warning changing anyone's plans?

by Shakita 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Shakita
    Shakita

Living near major cities, including NYC, makes me a little jittery since the threat level going up to orange yesterday. I am trying not to watch the news, it is making me too anxious. I am trying to do all the normal things that people do on Saturday morning.....my daughter is going to her first birthday party ever! but, I keep having visions of 9/11 going through my head. Am I the only one here who feels this way? Maybe you need to be living closer to NYC and Washington to really feel this way.

Saw this on the back window of a van this morning........

It is God's responsibility to forgive Osama Bin Laden....
    It is the Marine's responsibility to arrange the meeting.

Mrs. Shakita

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

They have raised this threat warning so many times now, and nothing happened. Not saying it wont happen this time, but if it does, there is very little I can do to stop it. Bad things, terrible things, can happen at any moment and we hardly ever see them coming. I did not known on 09/10/01 that the next day would change the world, but I made it past that point and came to terms with it. I did not know that Saturday that the Shuttle would burn up, yet I watched and came to terms with it. I guess that is how I see life. Warn me all you want, but in the end, I will have to deal with the event one-on-one and no warning is going to change that for me.

To make you feel a little better though. Most likely, if something happens, it will not be in the USA. Although, I am still sticking with my prediction of a nuclear device exploding on the west coast. Possibility, San Francisco or LA.

• minimus
    minimus

Hi Mrs. Shak, Please don't worry about any of this stuff. If it hapeens, it happens. Someday, either sooner or later,we're gonna get hit again. The feds all know it, too. So, in the meantime, ENJOY EVERYDAY AS IF IT COULD BE YOUR LAST!!!! And don't worry if the end is around the corner. There's no sense of normalcy in the world. So according to the WT. we shouldn't worry about anything.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Nope. not changing my plans. I live and work in downtown NYC. I ride the subway and the buses. I walk past ground zero almost everyday. I just live my life. I refuse to let the terrorists control my life. If and when something happens and its my time to go, I'll go in peace.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Thanks you guys. I am not changing my plans either. But, I must admit that when I send my kids off to school in the morning I say a little prayer that they come home safe and sound. And, I really don't pray!

And, this really doesn't make me feel any better......

To make you feel a little better though. Most likely, if something happens, it will not be in the USA. Although, I am still sticking with my prediction of a nuclear device exploding on the west coast. Possibility, San Francisco or LA.

A man that I work for lost someone in the towers that day. I replay that day over and over again in my mind of him watching the TV with his hands over his face saying, "Oh God, No...Oh God, No!"......and collapsing on his couch in shock. Just a horrible memory.......

Mrs. Shakita

• JH
    JH

I don't mind about the threat orange, because I live in Canada, and because I am colorblind

• Mulan
    Mulan

Ashcroft said yesterday, that raising the threat to Orange, increases security. When they raised it to Orange last September, nothing happened, but he said they were able to stop several situations because of the increased security. I think a lot happens that we are never informed about.

• manon
    manon

Hi Mrs. Shakita,

I also live in NYC and yes I also have a small child who asks lots of questions as well as family who worked on ground zero after the attacks. Following the attack on WTC we all found ourselves feeling frightened, worried, anxious not knowing exactly how we should deal with what had happened.

I promised myself that I would not live in fear and that I would continue living my life the way I always had prior to 9/11. So today is no different for me than any other day.

Do the things you always do, act upon your freedom. We will get through this.

Manon

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Or bush just does it, to as his popularity wains.

---

Impeach Bush!

http://www.votetoimpeach.org/

• freedom96
    freedom96

At least Bush stands for what he believes in. I would not have wanted to see Gore after 9/11 or in any crisis for that matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit