beginning with this one:

From The Watchtower January 15 th , 2001 page 31

A special announcement 2 nd paragraph:

Making a very significatnt point, Brother Barr stated:

The faithful and discreet slave and its Governing

Body have had entrusted to them interests that are higher

and far more compassing than those granted to legal cor-

porations. Set out in the chartered purposes of each of such

entities are matters that are imited in their scope. Our Master, Jesus Christ, however, has appointed the faithful

slave class over all his belongings or Kingdom interests

here on earth.- Matthew 24:45-47.

***1 st LIE :

a) When Brother Barr says : Our Master, Jesus Christ, however, has appointed the faithful slave class.. we can quickly refer to a reminder of such

event , published in the year 1990:

*** w90 3/15 14 'The Faithful Slave' and Its Governing Body ***

21 In 1918, when Jesus Christ inspected those claiming to be his slaves, he found an international group of Christians publishing Bible truths for use both inside the congregation and outside in the preaching work.

In 1919 it truly turned out to be as Christ had foretold: Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

(Matthew 24:46, 47) These true Christians entered into the joy of their Master. Having shown themselves faithful over a few things, they were appointed by the Master to be over many things. (Matthew 25:21) The faithful slave and its Governing Body were in place, ready for a widened assignment. How glad we should be that this was so, for loyal Christians are richly benefiting from the devoted work of the faithful slave and its Governing Body!

So according the the WTBS Inc. s publication, the faithful and discreet slave was appointed in 1919.

Yet, the same magazine, almost 20years before, wrote

on the subject of the Governing Body the following:

*** w71 12/15 755 A Governing Body as Different from a Legal Corporation ***

The official magazine of Jehovahs Christian witnesses is The Watchtower Announcing Jehovahs Kingdom.

In the year 1944 the Watchtower magazine began to speak about the governing body of the Christian congregation.

Strange, why would the Watchtower magazine begin to speak about the governing body only since 1944???

No need to speculate or to guess about this matter,the answer was given on page 757, of the same 1971s magazine:

*** w71 12/15 757 A Governing Body as Different from a Legal Corporation ***

GOVERNING BODY

According to the apostolic example of the first century C.E., these dedicated, baptized Christians known today as Jehovahs witnesses have a governing body, as specifically noted from the year 1944 onward.

I do believe that this goes without comment.

***2 nd LIE

Remember another claim - The Master, Jesus Christ

did the appointing -

*The Watchtower January 15 th , 2001 page 31;

*The Watchtower March 15 th , 1990, page 14;

Lets see this claim more closely, only few pages

Further, i.e. page 760:

*** w71 12/15 760 A Governing Body as Different from a Legal Corporation ***

HOW THE GOVERNING BODY CAME TO EXIST

How did this governing body make its appearance in recent times? Evidently under the direction of Jehovah God and his Son Jesus Christ. According to the facts available, the governing body became associated with the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. C. T. Russell was patently of that governing body back there in the last quarter of the nineteenth century.

Now, please notice:

The governing body made its appearance in recent times, evidently under the direction of Jehovah God and

his Son Jesus Christ;

However , we are given a quite astonishing statement :

C.T. Russell was patently of that governing body back

there in the last quarter of the nineteenth century!!!

Does this mean that C.T. Russell who died on October 1916, was part of governing body back there in the last quarter of the nineteenth century , when accordin to

The Watchtower March 15 th , 1990 page 14, the appointing was made by Jesus Christ in 1919??

In 1919 it truly turned out to be as Christ had foretold: Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

Also the R&F were informed that the:

Jehovahs witnesses have a governing body, as specifically noted from the year 1944 onward

*** w71 12/15 757 A Governing Body as Different from a Legal Corporation ***

GOVERNING BODY

According to the apostolic example of the first century C.E., these dedicated, baptized Christians known today as Jehovahs witnesses have a governing body, as specifically noted from the year 1944 onward.

***3 rd LIE

So who really did appoint the recent times members of

the governing body ? Again let the same magazine give

the answer, on page 761:

*** w71 12/15 761 A Governing Body as Different from a Legal Corporation *** Dedicated, baptized, anointed Christians became associated with that Society at headquarters in Pennsylvania. Whether on the Board of Directors or not, they rendered themselves available for special work of the faithful and discreet slave class. They aided in the feeding and directing of the slave class, and thus a governing body made its appearance. This was evidently under the guidance of Jehovahs invisible active force or holy spirit. Also, under the direction of the Head of the Christian congregation, Jesus Christ the Son of God. True, the members of that governing body were not directly appointed by the Lord Jesus Christ

It seems clear, they were appointed evidently under the guidance of Jehovahs invisible active force or holy spirit and also under the direction of Jesus Christ But quite odd,

The Watchtower magazine adds:

True, the members of that governing body were not directly appointed by the Lord Jesus Christ

Now if you are amazed, confused, and begin to have headache, the same magazine The Watchtower continues and states , on the same page 761:

*** w71 12/15 761 A Governing Body as Different from a Legal Corporation *** Thus, too, even though there were no apostles of Christ on hand in the nineteenth century, Gods holy spirit must have been operative toward the formation of the governing body for his anointed remnant of the faithful and discreet slave class. The facts speak for themselves. There came on the scene a body of anointed Christians who accepted and undertook the responsibilities of governing the affairs of Jehovahs dedicated, baptized, anointed people who were following in the footsteps of Jesus Christ and endeavoring to fulfill the work stated in Jesus prophecy at Matthew 24:45-47. Facts speak louder than words. The governing body is there. Thankfully Jehovahs Christian witnesses know and assert that this is no one-man religious organization, but that it has a governing body of spirit-anointed Christians.

Strange because few line above it was stated that:

They -the members of the governing body - were appointed evidently under the guidance of Jehovahs invisible active force or holy spirit but now the phrase

is: Gods holy spirit must have been operative ..

To cut down any further discussion, it is added:

* The facts speak for themselves.

Facts speak louder than words.

the governing body is there.

Finally just in case one should start to have doubts:

Thankfully Jehovahs Christian witnesses know and assert that this is no one-man religious organization, but that it has a governing body of spirit-anointed Christians.

Incidentally this issue of The Watchtower has one of the

very rare use of the term: Jehovahs Christian witnesses.

I have to tell you that , my friend appreciated the research, but he was quite sad aboutthe result!

(Cheers yet he also would like to ask more

questions...)

I sincerely hope that all this has not bored you,

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

"Historia est testis temporum, lux veritatis, vita memoriae, magistra vitae, nuntia vetustatis".

(Cicerone , De Ora tore , II)

• Mulan
    Mulan

Very clever. Good info to have on hand.

• manon
    manon

In my view, once the concept of the faithful & discreet slave/annointed class is dissected the rest of the dialogue or discussion tends to become redundant.

Thanks for sharing.

Manon

• Englishman
    Englishman

Manon,

You are on my favourite subject here!

Ask any witness to produce a scripture that links the parable of the FDS to the 144,000, and they will not be able to provide it.

Englishman.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Typical WT double-speake. I didn't need this to know the GB was liars. I knew this since 1975!!!

Will

• reporter
    reporter
    How did this governing body make its appearance in recent times? Evidently under the direction
    This was evidently under the guidance of Jehovahs invisible active force

This and other whisker words should be like alarm bells and red flags, to any who are studying to be baptized!

Everything is "evidently", yet they in the same sentence go ahead and assert the claim. Nonsense! All this is is feigned fallibility and humility, with respect to these teachings.

• stichione
    stichione

Excellent post with well-done research. Everyone should paste and copy this so they can show it to their loved ones who are still in this cult.

• manon
    manon

Englishman,

This also is one of my favorite subject. F&DS/annointed class in my opinion is the core of jw doctrine. Once the layers are peeled away the rest of it becomes very weak.

Growing up in my jw household an enormous amount of weight and value was placed upon this belief system.

Ray Franz in CoC chapter 3 addressed this subject with such an enormous amount of insight and truth in my opinion. He accomplished an unveiling behind the myth. I believe he understood how important this conviction was and is for many jw's. I'm glad he tackled this subject first and didn't hold back any punches.

Manon

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thanks for this post Mac. Very interesting and informative.

Brummie

Edited by - Brummie on 8 February 2003 22:21:13

• observador
    observador

Thanks for sharing, MacHislopp!

Very interesting topic! A quick suggestion though: the title should have reflected the content a little better. I almost discarded the thread.

I would like to add that, according to the Lord Jesus, it was the Slave who would serve the "food", not the Governing Body. And it is exactly the GB who does it. Furthermore, the WT entangles itself even more when it says that the GB acts as a spokeperson, when in fact what it does is the very elaboration of the "truths". Very contradicting!

Good job!

Observador

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit