HOCKEY

by RAYZORBLADE 21 Replies latest social physical

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Alrighty then.

For those of you who aren't into hockey: phooey on you

As you know Canucks are absolutely mental as hell about it. The things we have done to ice, are simply inconceivable.

Some Europeans are into it, and we know for sure, Americans are as well, especially in the northern half of the country.

I noticed the Brits on here are goin' on about their 'football' (evil teehee laughter here) - so it's time to start goin' on about hockey.

Favourite team or teams?

Aztec.....I can see your RED hockey jersey from here. She's got braggin' rites right now.

RAYZORBLADE: TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS "Go Leafs Go!"

That being said, I guess that ends this thread .

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Razor. Go to bed all ready !

You're right though "Go Leafs "

I will wait for Beans to post though. I think he's a serious Habs fan. BWHAHAHAHA !

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

K Calamity Jane. With your kind and generous support for the Leafs, I am off to bed .

Beans, a Habs fan? Full of beans..heehee!

But wait 'til Aztec gets here, I know she's gonna give it to us good < Detroit Red Wings

G'nite...er good morning....zzz!

• Scully
    Scully

Here's a Hockey Joke that Canadians will appreciate:

Two boys are playing hockey on a pond in a park in Toronto, when one is attacked by a rabid Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other boy takes his stick, wedges it down the dog's collar and twists, breaking the dog's neck.

A reporter who was strolling by sees the incident, and rushes over to interview the boy. "Young Leafs Fan Saves Friend From Vicious Animal," he starts writing in his notebook.

"But I'm not a Leafs fan," the little hero replied.

"Sorry, since we are in Toronto, I just assumed you were." said the reporter and starts again. "Little Jays Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack" he continued writing in his notebook.

"I'm not a Jays fan either," the boy said.

"I assumed everyone in Toronto was either a Leafs or Jays fan. What team do you root for?" the reporter asked.

"I'm a Montreal Canadiens fan." the child said.

The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes, "Little French Bastard from Montreal Kills Beloved Family Pet."

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

THANKS SCULLY.....Now I have to wipe up the coffee I spit out all over the screen, thankful i didn't get any on the keyboard.

Going to copy this one and circulate it at work. Big rivalry there between Leafs and Habs.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I LOVE hockey! Hockey rules! I am partial to the MN Wild only because I live here.......I also like the Bruins.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hehe Rayzor

Come and get it!

~Aztec

• Seven
    Seven

Unfortunately over the past few years my team the Pens has become a farm team for the rest of the league. If a player has star potential, he's as good as gone when his contract's up, maybe even sooner. I'm spoiled having grown up watching Mario and Jags put the biscuit in the basket, night after night after night in the most amazing ways. Coffey, Francis, and Stevens doing their thing on the powerplay while Ulfie was handing out the old plexiglass kisses and hitting people so hard their kids were born dizzy. Hockey the way it used to be in the 'burgh-two Stanley Cup's worth.

You can't live on past glory as Mario is finding out and taking 29 penalty minutes in Thursday's game against Florida isn't going to get your mates off their dead asses to make the playoffs. These guys just do not have the right stuff and no amount of theatrics or peps talks are going to turn them into the Jagrs, Naslunds, and LaLime's you were forced to let go(Kovie will be gone in a month). This totally bites the banana but this is reality for the fans of small market teams in trouble in this day and age. Home games are sellouts and we have the 3rd highest ticket prices in the league and we still can't keep the elite players. This is very painful. Mediocrity is hard to get used to. Thank the hockey gods that Mario owns the team, at least we still have him to watch when he's healthy.

So who's my favortie team? The Pens and the teams with the most ExPens, seems like every team has a few. It was nice to see Jags, Naz, and LaLime in the All-Star game. Yep, it sure was sweet when "we was fab."

seven

Btw. To one of my friends here on this board, Your team hasn't done the skate thingie with Lord Stanley since dinosaurs roamed the earth-hope it's "your year."

Prediction: RED WINGS

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Seven,

and hitting people so hard their kids were born dizzy.

That line made me LOL ...the rest of your post I didn't understand a word of! (not a hockey buff, but I'm working on it!) but thanks for that chuckle. You have such a great way of expressing yourself

Love,

Dana

• Gopher
    Gopher

I grew up a Minnesota North Stars fan, but they left for Dallas in 1993.

Now we have a better organization with a better coach, and a better arena... The Minnesota WILD!

In their third year, Jacques LeMaire has taught the players a defense-first style of hockey that is tough for even the best NHL teams to contend with. Currently 6th in the Western Conference, this team is on pace to make the playoffs for the first time.

Their star (about to be superstar) is that streaking skating sensation from Slovakia, Marian Gaborik! On All-Star weekend, he won the "fastest skater" competition, and then proceeded to score one goal and add 2 assists in the Western Conference's win over the East. He is probably the best two-way 20 year old in the league.

Here is a picture of the Slovakian Sensation:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit