My Mind Isn't Working Properly

by Undecided 15 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

Pls, see a doc. Any number of things can cause memory loss. Medications, being the biggest offender..

It has also been shown that exercising the mind, gives benefit to it, as it does the body. cross word puzzles are one ot the greatest things to keep your mind active.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((Ken))))) I haven't talked to you in awhile, but you don't sound yourself. Please see a doctor and keep us updated. Lots of people here love ya and want you to be healthy. When things get too bad, just think of that sweet grandbaby, Emily. She can light up a smile on anyone!

Andi

NPY - I do that NOW and I'm just 31!!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I missed this thread yesterday. So sorry.

The herbal things that might help are Ginkgo Biloba, Gotu Kola, and especially Essential Fatty Acids (EFA's). A good flaxseed oil supplement, with Omega 3's will suffice for EFA. Any health food store can direct you to these. Sometimes they are in one supplement. All are important for circulation, in small blood vessels, and the EFA for nerve endings. A good mineral supplement is VITAL for those things to work. Be sure to take Calcium too, an absorbably kind, like a powder type.

My Dad is pretty much staying the same, with his dementia diagnosis from a year ago. He takes all those supplements, and more each day.

Don't worry too much............it might be diet related or lack of exercise too. Blood sugar is a factor, so try to avoid sugar, and eat a lot of protein. That will keep blood sugar at a consistent level.

Edited by - mulan on 8 February 2003 13:17:11

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    eat a log of protein.

Now that sounds yummy.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Now, how did I miss that?

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Hi Mulan; Whats your opinion on DHA, Huperzine-A and vinpocetine for mental sharpness?

Warrigal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit