My Mind Isn't Working Properly

by Undecided 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi All,

I can see my mind is beginning to fade. I can't remember the names of movie actors, people I have worked with, the names of things like some parts of cars, as an example. Sometimes I can't remember how to travel to a place I haven't been in several years. If I take long enough sometimes I can recall these things, but it becomes very frustrating when I am talking and can't remember a certain word I need to express my thought.

I don't think I could take it if it becomes really bad, I would just blow what brains I had left, out of my head.

Ken P.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Whoa back there Ken. A lot that memory loss may just be a part of the aging process. Believe me, I know as I am on the wrong side of 60 and have experienced many of the same problems. Have you asked your Doctor about this ? Before doing something drastic, get some help.

Right now I can't remember who played the title role in Raging Bull and I am getting desparate as it is a key word in todays crossword. Bug

• TR
    TR

Cripes, Ken! I'm only 42 and I have some of those problems. Maybe some kind of herbal suppliment like focus factor would help. Think I'll check it out.

Mulan deals in herbal stuff, Maybe she can help.

MULAAAAANNNNN!!!!

TR

Edited by - TR on 7 February 2003 22:0:32

• shera
    shera

((((Undecided))))

• Francois
    Francois

The title player in Raging Bull was none other than Robert De Niro. What do I win?

But now, the mind thing. I'm approaching the big five dozen and I don't like it at all. I'm constantly referring to the internet, without which I think I'd HAVE to blow my brains out. I used to have a memory that was utterly astounding, way, way past normal in its functioning. And a vocabulary to go with it. I could actually talk circles around any group of elders you'd want to put together. Now? Sheeeeit. fughittaboutit.

Have a nice night. Signing off.

francois (I think - so far as I can remember. You know there is a nice part about this. Each and every night I get to go to bed with a different woman, and I make new friends every day)

ft

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Undecided:

I have that once a month with my PMS, the other day I had to call Thunder Rider and ask him what our phone number was. For me when I can't remember I start to freak, cause of my Mom's alzheimers so I just make those times worse.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Undecided,

Before you do anything see your doctor ok?

Also just by being here and talking, helps exercise the brain, the internet also helps to a point if you have an interest, you mentioned cars, do research on that or other hobbies you enjoy, I guess the Brain is a like a muscle it needs exercise and stimulation or it atrophies.

Don't despair too much ok?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((((Undecided)))))

You can't go yet! You are only 44 posts away from being a Jedi!!!!!

Gosh! Dang!

Hey, Undecided, don't be sooooo rough on yourself!!! First the dubs beat on you. . . don't YOU start beating on you!!!!!!

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

ESTEE

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Who is Undecided?

And where is my tapioca pudding?

Ken...it only gets better.......when big things in your life come up that you don't wanna do.......just say...I forgot.....;)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(((((Undecided))))) Go to a good neurologist. It will ease your mind (no pun intended). I'm 47 with a mother who has Alzheimer's and I have times when I walk into the pantry and stand there wondering what the hell I went in there for. However, I also work fulltime for lawyers (which probably explains it right there), have two side businesses, two kids, and two basset hounds. Hmm, I seem to do things in twos -- hope that doesn't apply to husbands. I like having just one! There's a lot of stress in your world, I'll bet, and that can play havoc with the brain. But if it worries you that much, get checked out.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit