What do you think ?

by obiwan 15 Replies latest jw friends

• anti-absolutism
    anti-absolutism

Personally speaking, I have a relatively high I.Q. but that knowledge likely contributed to me staying in longer than necessary. I actually thought I was SMART enough to be able to find "The Truth".

Irregardless of intelligence or stupidity, it is unnatural for people to be able to close their eyes and mind to all of the evidence to the contrary of there being an "absolute truth". In order for this to happen, they have to turn off or numb their minds from anything other than their own SMALL world. This may give people the impression that they are less intelligent. I would suggest that it is denial. Denial and blind faith that kills peoples' psyche. POOR CHAPS!!!!

• Mac
    Mac

What.....me think?

mac

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well, overall, people on the outside were more stimulating.

Inside the Kingdom Hall, there were many intelligent people. Most of them, obviously stifled because of the organizations view on post-secondary education.

Generally, it seems the real smart and intelligent ones: got out!

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

I agree with E-mail.

I definitely find that there are MORE stimulating people outside of the organization. Definitely more intelligent.

• obiwan
    obiwan

I'll have to agree with everyone's comments to some degree.The one I most agree with is the dumbing down of individuals when in the org, they have no time for current events.

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

Great posts here. Especially Skeptic.

Here's something to think about...

At the KH, we got to know at least on a surface level a whole bunch of people. I mean, we're seeing these guys almost every other day.

Because of that, I believe that you meet more than your fair share of people that in a NORMAL situation you would have NOTHING to do with them.

And we see these ones and get to know them. Outside the org, these people wouldn't get a second chance to get into your own personal inner circle,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit