To German JW or Any Other German Speakers

by Farkel 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hi,

I was trying to find one of my writings on the net for someone who asked for it (I lost many of them in hard drive crashes and stuff) and ran across this link on the net. I THINK it is a German version of my life story, but I don't know a thing about the German language.

Can you help me out here on this? After all, my name is attached to it, and it could be "Mein Kampf" with my name attached! How would I know?

Whatever it is, is it a faithful translation of what I wrote in English whenever I wrote that?

http://www.infolink-net.de/docs/com/erfahrung019.htm

Farkel

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Doug, try this site.

http://translation.langenberg.com/

Not sure how well it translates but thought it would help.

I used Altavista but many of the words did not translate. I did however see your name at the bottom of the page.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I speak German. It's a loooong story, so I haven't the time to translate it now, but it's about Dough (is that you?) and his life as a Witness thru the 50s and 60s and down to 77, out and in, COs' arrogance etc. At the end he thanks Ray and this other one - I forgot the name now and won't getthe site for fear of losing what I wrote here - for the assistance he has received from them. The article is about the fear of his youth and a host of other things. Sounds familiar?

If you want me to translate it, I could give you a shortened version, but it would take some days, as it's long and I have other things to do.

Greetings

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Joseph Malik is the one to whom he gives thanks.

• Farkel
    Farkel

old hippie,

Thanks for your response. Yes, that is my life story as a dub! In German, no less!

Farkel

• enjoy
    enjoy

I sent you a personal email I hope it helps...

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Where do I find the English version of your life story?

• JH
    JH

Farkel,

fjtoth speaks german very well.

• Realist
    Realist

Krzlich schaute ich "nur so zum Spa" im Web unter "Jehovas Zeugen" nach. Ich war ein Zeuge in der zweiten Generation, der die Gesellschaft Anfang 1975 verlie. Das ist meine Geschichte:

recently i looked up "just for fun" "jehovahs witnesses" on the web. I was a second generation witness who left the society in early 1975. this is my story:

Ich habe nie geglaubt, ich wrde das tun, bis ich anfing, Dutzende von Erlebnisberichten ehemaliger Zeugen zu lesen, und sah, da meine eigenen Erfahrungen und meine Lebensgeschichte sich in diesen Geschichten immer und immer wiederholten.

i never thought i would do this until i red dozens of life reports from ex witnesses and saw that my own experience and my lifestory are repeated over and over again in these stories. (germans form damn long sentences )

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

BTW, I know that Stephan E. Wolf, Infolink webmaster, is a professional translator (his wife is from the US). He also works together with XJW translator Herbert Raab.

I am very confident that the translation on his site is a good one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit