One out of every 286 people is a Jehovah's Witness

by Country Girl 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Elsewhere:

All of them hotties are charismatic. I know they make me just wanna adore and worship them. <tremble tremble> I would never give my undying adoration to anyone but you, Elsewhere.

CG

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I think 1 out of every 286 people has been exposed to the Jehovahs Witnesses and should be innoculated accordingly for the safety of those around them.

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

In the United States one out of every 285 people is one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Now, that is a scary thought!!

....And this Kody character looks like he's about 14...poor guy...

Why would anyone knock on doors at random and attempt to strike up a religious discussion when, in all likelihood, they will be rebuffed rather than received? The reasons are numerous...

Yeah right, "numerous"...2 whole words--- "time sheets!"

Some of the things that people believe about my faith are outrageous.

Gee, and some of the things that people know about his faith are equally as outrageous!!!

We do not, as some claim, add to or take away from the Bible.

Reality check: Has he completely missed all the []s that fill his NWT, or the over-usage of the word [other] in the first chapt of colossians...not to mention, all the times Jehovah's name is crammed into the NT?

Perhaps the most stinging criticism of Jehovah's Witnesses is that we do not believe in Jesus. Actually, Witnesses, like other Christians, believe in Jesus as savior.

He fails to mention that they also believe that Jesus is Michael the Archangel, that unlike most Mainstream Christianity they do not believe that he was God, nor do they believe that he died on a cross, and Kody conveniently left out how JWs treat Jesus as second-rate authority compared to their sacred "mother"...(refer to his claim that some people absurdly imply that his faith is outrageous--gee, I wonder why?). Notice how he delicately refers to other Christians as "other christians"...knowing full well that JWs are taught that JWs are the only true Christians.

He knows how to leave out all the juicy stuff -- he's been well trained

Jehovah's Witnesses are not a cult. A cult is defined as a small, extremist religious group that often lives in a single compound and follows a charismatic leader. ....Witnesses don't fit any of those criteria.

Ole Kody boy needs to check the dictionary, rather than rattling off the old WT canned definition of a cult. Cult (kn. : 1. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

2. The followers of such a religion or sect.

3. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.

4. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.

5. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.

6. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.

7. The object of such devotion.

8. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cult

Witnesses don't fit any of those criteria?? Sure, Kody. I hear the drumbeat...keep on marching

Bona

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

One out of every 260 Jehovahs Witnesses is a sex offender....6000000 divided by 23000...Now THERES a figure.

• searcher
    searcher

Kody Kleinman is a junior journalism major from Homer and serves as sports editor for The Tech Talk.

Journalism ?..........I look forward to free and unbiased journalism when he graduates.

Sposts Editor ? ......A good little JW this..........or did they get 'New Light'(tm) again?

searcher.

• Mac
    Mac
    One out of every 286 people is a Jehovah's Witness? Yikes! Could this possibly be true?

And this is why you will never see me entering a room of more than 250!!!

mac, of the ain't takin' no chances class!

• Robdar
    Robdar

One out of every 286 people is a Jehovah's Witness?

Unless you go to some of the Starbucks here in KC. Many of their employees are JW as I discovered when I did the living statue last month. Most of the people on duty were JW. That Starbucks must be a sucking black whole for the JW vibe because not only were the JW staff there but SheilaM and I were there too. Also, my son showed up. I was hoping that it would turn into an Apostates v. JWs rumble. Alas, it didn't and I wound up getting love bombed by one of my son's acquaintances who wants to start a book study with him. But hey, I made $15 and got to scare small children. What a party.

Robyn

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Come on everyone, give Kody a break!

He is in college, swore to his parents and the elders his service would not be hindered, and is using

his Journalism class's computer to get in his 10 hours for the month.

he he...

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

Kody Kleinman is a junior journalism major from Homer and serves as sports editor for The Tech Talk.

I missed that little tidbit of info while I was butchering this article. I suppose he is older than 14...

LMAO @ notperfectyet

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

One out of every 286 people is a Jehovah's Witness?

Actually, according to the 2003 Yearbook, it's one out of 280 in the USA. The idiot must have gotten one out of 286 from the next line down on the Service Report, which refers to Uruguay.

Jehovah's Witnesses are not a cult. A cult is defined as a small, extremist religious group that often lives in a single compound and follows a charismatic leader.
    Witnesses don't fit any of those criteria.

I suppose that any group can claim that it isn't a cult, as long as they are allowed to define "cult" in whatever way they want. "Hey, my group isn't a cult! Cults are people who dance naked in thunderstorms and worship monkeys dipped in blood! We don't do those things, so we can't be a cult!" But the JW's are certainly a high-control group, which is what most of us really mean when we use the term, "cult".

Witnesses aren't religious fanatics.

Easy to say, but, as others have pointed out, their practices and their mindless devotion to organizational teachings and policies prove otherwise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit