Any other religions match the JW's on these items....?

by EndofMysteries 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "No different from a dozen other denominations" = "why stay?"
  • Hapthor1986
    Hapthor1986

It's actually in the rules for the JW's that they keep hidden. You can not be disfelloshipped for joining the military. Found this out less than a week ago.

• schnell
    schnell
    It's actually in the rules for the JW's that they keep hidden. You can not be disfelloshipped for joining the military. Found this out less than a week ago.

They wouldn't want to go to jail again.

When you vote or join the military, you are disassociating yourself. So, you get the same treatment as being disfellowshipped, but they didn't disfellowship you for doing that, for serving your country or acting within your civil rights.

It's a distinction that rides the technical line between chicken shit and bull shit.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I believe this one has those beliefs, as well as others they claim are "in the Bible therefore must be obeyed". It's a scary one, with many good people attracted to it ...then it's too late.

It actually began in the small town I grew up in. The man who was to be the leader, worked about 4 miles from my house. Classmates of my sister and I were drawn in, then moved to Vermont with them, when the group was run out of town.

The group left this area for decades, but are now back, living next door to friends of mine, in a huge renovated house. The group grew in a big way during those decades. Once again. HOW do people allow this without question? It's brainwashed emotional dependence. VERY DANGEROUS

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/17/twelve-tribes-the-church-preached-child-abuse-slavery.html

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Here are some other religions that are explicitly pacifist:

the Church of the Brethren, the Mennonites (and some other Anabaptists, such as Amish and Hutterites), and the Quakers (Religious Society of Friends), the Pentecostal Charismatic Peace Fellowship and the United Pentecostal Church

Obviously you have the International Bible Students/Watch Tower Society and it's sects (Jehovah's Witnesses (which inherited the Watch Tower legal name), Laymen's Home Missionary Movement, Associated Bible Students and Free Bible Students).

As with any religion, they all recommend preaching and have something about sinning, but they are usually not as extremist as shunning.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I find Christadelphians eerily similar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit