Is North Korea getting out of hand?

by JH 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Realist
    Realist

thichi,

a) you insulted the french on a low level didn't you?

b) i never said a word about the current regime in iran did i? i said mossadeq was the best ruler they ever had. he was removed for taking the oil resources away from the colonialists and putting it under state control. what exactly does it matter if he got support from the USSR if his interest was to built up his country?

c) well other countries have privat foundations too! if you can show me a statistic on these numbers that would be great. by the way the marshall plan was not exactly a selfless effort. the amount was not that gigantic and it wouldn't have been necessary if the US and britain wouldn't have completely destroyed germany and japan.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Realist: Get Real!

Well you ice skate over most the facts. But so be it, its all here for all to read.

Thoughts: US aid the last fifty years is unmatched. Japan, NATO, South Korea all attest to this. Your comments are mind boggling. You cant have it both ways, unless you just want US funds with no US involvement.

Since World War II the United States has spent nearly $1 trillion (in 1997 dollars) on foreign aid. The result is debt, dependency and poverty.

Even many advocates of foreign assistance have been disappointed by the results. For instance, USAID admitted in 1993 that "much of the investment financed by USAID and other donors between 1960 and 1980 has disappeared without a trace." USAID administrator Brian Atwood admits that in the case of Zaire, "the investment of over $2 billion of American foreign-aid served no purpose."

France: I was no more insulting than France has been to the US. Cant you take a Joke?

Its OK. Taking France to War would be like taking a ukelele to a Rock & Roll show. Hehe.

I also call France on the carpet because of their ties to oil/Iraq. They have over 6 Billion Dollars in contracts with Iraq. Pointlessly? There is a very powerful point here.

Iran: Past or present, history has proven you wrong. Your example of a better leader is amusing at best. Militant Nationalism was not/is not the cure. The Shaws land reforms were more substantial because it put power into the hands of the "people" by land ownership. Your example only gave the power to the State via the USSR. Big Deal.

Again, replace the US backed governments with what? No choices (so far, only one) cited that have any merit at all.

Edited by - thichi on 11 February 2003 19:32:18

• Realist
    Realist

thichi,

sorry if i indeed skipped important points...maybe you can list them.

yes foreign aid money often disappears...not just american but also european.

about this 1 trillion dollars ...what exactly does this include? ...also how much did for instance germany pay in comparison? AND...how much did the US suck out of latin america and the rest of the world? i am afraid you really believe in santa claus if you think the US gov. is distributing money to the world for pure reasons.

The result is debt, dependency and poverty.

oh please... the poverty in US is not caused by foreign aid programs...this is a weird connection.

cut the military budget by half and all the problems are solved.

about your joke....this is such a lame old nonsense...al bundy used that 10 years ago. the french faught bravely in WWI and were simply unprepared for WWII.

by the way...i do not believe for one second that the french have pure motives in this current conflict. of course they care only about the oil...just like the US does...has Bush a right to blame them??? i don't think so!

Past or present, history has proven you wrong.

how so?

Your example of a better leader is amusing at best.

how so? i would really like to see the source of that info about mossadeq...i have seen many reports about iran and the unifying theme was that mossadeq was a man whose main interest was to help his country. Noone i have heard claims that about the shaw whose main interest was to put his friends etc. into leading positions. who do you think profited from his land reform and why if he was such a great leader did these nutcase muslim fundamentalists get the support of the population to overthrow the shah???

Your example only gave the power to the State.

no... it gave the money to iran instead of wealthy european and american oil companies. i find that more than justified.

US aid the last fifty years is unmatched. Japan, NATO, South Korea all attest to this.

quot erat demonstrandum...where is the statistic showing this?

also...who said the US has to put so much money into NATO? the US has its weapons program regardless of NATO and what europe does.

You cant have it both ways, unless you just want US funds with no US involvement.

what exactly do you mean? that it would be unfair of a nation that was not completely destroyed by the US to ask for help?

honestly...i am not extremely grateful to someone who first wipes out all cities and then gives a lousy aid program to prevent the countries from falling under communist rulership. the money given to germany amounts to something like 20 billion dollars (todays value). not exactly a gigantic amount of money considering the 350 billion military budget.

i am not saying the US is worse than the other free countries...but it is for sure not better either. what makes the US especially dangerous is its military power...thats the only difference.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Realist:

I refer all your questions to my prior comments and responses. Its all there.

• JH
    JH

Realist

This war will make you a jedi in no time

• Realist
    Realist

JH,

i know!!

thichi,

if you assume that your opinion is proof enough than i agree.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

It is so funny how I can quote times, places, events and you just offer noting more than straw men, circular reasoning or false choices......Ahhh That is what I get for offering pearls before.....

• Pleasuredome
  • dubla
    dubla

realist-

if you assume that your opinion is proof enough than i agree.

im glad you are finally seeing how things work......that statement is pretty much the exact same statement i made to you regarding your opinions of saddam hussein. they are your opinions, and the only "proof" you have about how logical and sane he really is.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

thichi,

you have not presented ONE piece of evidence! you stated a number without a link and that was it. NOTHING ELSE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit