Almost said a prayer

by Elsewhere 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Today I called a meeting to review an accounting system I am writing for a company Once everyone arrived I went to start the meeting... but the moment I started to speak, I almost opened in prayer.

I literally had to stop and hold my tongue for a moment to keep from saying: "Father Jehovah...."

Afterward I noticed that I had even bowed my head.

Has anyone ever done something like this before?

• minimus
    minimus

only when I deal with the IRS

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I used to work as a reservations agent for American Airlines (the Evil Empire) and I would have a problem answering my home phone with "American Airlines". They, like the Witnesses, burnt a path in my brain that took a conscious effort to erase.

So would it have helped the meeting if you had indeed prayed?

• Beans
    Beans

I think you need a weekend with some apostates REAL SOON. Next time you have to open a meeting make sure you buy a Playboy and look at the centrefold right before the start of it and then I believe you will never have this problem again.

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Almost Said a Prayer

(with apologies to Crosby Stills Nash and Young : Almost Cut My Hair)

Almost said a prayer
    It happened just the other day
    It's coulda been kinda long
    I coulda said what I always say

But I didn't and I wonder why
    I almost let that freak flag fly
    Do I feel like I owe it to someone?

Must be because I had the flu' for Christmas
    And I'm not feeling up to par
    It increases my paranoia
    Like looking at my mirror and seeing an elder's car

But I'm not giving in an inch to fear
    Cause I missed myself this year
    I feel like I owe it to the world

When I finally get myself together
    I'm going to get down in that sunny southern weather
    And hangout with my apostate friends & laugh
    Separate the wheat from the chaff
    I feel like I owe it to myself

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

LOL! ((((Elsewhere))))) I loved your story! Yes, I've almost done that at staff meetings when I worked. The guy I worked with was an XJW too. I think he caught me once or twice about to bow. At least he would have understood.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I remember a few years back being asked by the president of the chamber to say a prayer prior to the luncheon. All i could do is recite a short children's prayer I had been saying with the kids at night. Dam fool family friend of mine accross the table began to giggle half way through it and I couldn't even finish. What a way to open a chamber luncheon!

carm

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Rub-a-dub-dub, thanks for the grub... Yeeeeeeeah God!

• truthseekers2
    truthseekers2

ROTFLOL!!! Too funny!!! Can't say I've done that but I did use to answer the phone at home as a teenager with, "Welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order please?"

• Mac
    Mac

Looks like yer backsliding, Else!!! I suspect you'll be banging on my door some Saturday morning soon!!!!!

mac,of the can I have a witness class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit