To Be or Not To Be - Like God

by Satanus 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Satanus
    Satanus

That is the question, brothers and sisters. Often the verse about having to be perfect as their god is perfect, is repeated by persons of the bible. Does that mean to imitate only their god's perfect qualities, while avoiding imitating his imperfect qualities/actions? For purposes of clarification, i will make a list of divine attributes/actions that are to be copied, then another list of things of his that should not be acted out, as per other bible statements. Feel free to add items to either list.

For Imitation:

1. Love

2. Forgiveness

3. Warning the wicked

4. Killing non jehovah worshippers (note, in ot times only)

5. Hate those who had their god

Not for imitation:

1. Judging

2. Killing people (new light from jesus)

3. Doing whatever you feel like doing to people who tick you off because of not having faith in you, not worshipfully adoring you, resisting your will, or the worst, denying that you exist. This includes killing, raping, beating, inflicting illness, starving people, initiating abortions etc. It's limited only by your imagination.

4. Thinking freely

5. Torturing 'evil' people for as long as possible

6. Demand total allegience without furnishing any proof of your existence that would be so extraordinary, as to be indisputable

With the above in mind, consider how it is totally natural for a people to imitate it's god/s. It can't help but be confusing. Is there light and darkness in the bible god? The bible claims there is not, yet it says that god creates darkness. Supposedly, god is omnipresent, so how can there be darkness anywhere? In view of our violent animal nature, would an all good, unconditionally loving, nonjudgemental, eternally patient, benign god force be a better model?

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 5 February 2003 2:33:30

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

If God exists he would have a hard time finding fault with me. I even forgive Him for letting me down so many times. I forgive, and therefor I am free.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Things to be imitated:

LYING.

Yahweh likes liars.The proof is right there in the OT.

Genesis 12 v 11. Abraham lies. Genesis 20 v 1.Abraham lies.

Genesis 26 v 7. Isaac lies.

Genesis 27. Jacob lies to secure the birthright. So I guess lying is okay for those thru whom the chosen seed flows.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Refiners,

That isn't lying it's Theocratic Warfare. Heavens man, get it right!

Love,

Robyn

• Satanus
    Satanus

Viv

Cool. You doll force

Refiner

Lying was ok for jesus as well. In one case, he said to his disciples to go on to the festival without him, as he was not going to go. He later went secretly.

Jesus spoke in riddles so that outsiders would not understand. Yet at his trial, he claimed to have spoken openly and plainly to all.

If we consider jesus as god incarnate, we could put suicide (diecide?) on the list for imitation as well. His earth mission was suicidal. He demanded that judas hurry along his betrayal plot, thus aiding jesus/god incarnate on his suicidal course.

SS

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

SS. I think another thing to be imitated if you follow the OT god is incest. God clearly favours it.

Exodus 6 verse 16-20.Moses father wed his aunt, thus Moses Bloodline was pure

Genesis 20 verse 12. Abrahams wife Sarah is his half sister. Thus Isaacs bloodlines are pure.

Genesis 24 verse 15. Isaacs wife Rebekah is his cousin. Thus Jacobs bloodline is pure.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Refiner

True, but god didn't incest anyone, unless someone wants to consider his having sex w mary as something like incest. This act w mary would, of course, nullify god's condemnation of his angels' having sex w women, provided angels have the freedom to be like their god.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 5 February 2003 4:1:24

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It is of note that this Yahweh was plenty willing to cause miscarriages/abortions among his own people and their animals if they neglected the sabbath. Does this mean that He felt that abortions are justified if the parents are not JWs? Since the kids are unclean.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

peacefulpete, could you share the scripture for that one?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

"You have heard that it was said, `You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."

Seems they heard the wrong thing first up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit