Do You Yearn For Love?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Many people became Jehovah's Witnesses because of the "love". We were supposed to be "the most loving people on earth". Our identifying mark was said to be "love". At times I read of the sadness that occupies some, here. Their families and friends have left them because they could not continue living a lie. Their whole world has turned upside down. Others have been out for a while, but whether they were JW's or "apostates", they never were really happy. They might even be still looking for "the love". ......What about you? Are you looking for love in all the wrong places? Are you satisfied with your life? Have you found "true love" here???

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

There are too many kinds of love and several I almost died from.

I yearn to live. If I am lucky enough to have someone who wants to "live" life with me, all the better.

• minimus
    minimus

Plum, what are the several loves that you almost died from???

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

another time minimus, I don't think I would do well to go there now. Would only serve to spoil your thread.

I have already killed 4, so far in 24 hours.

• Solace
    Solace

Minimus,

I cant say Im looking for love. I do feel a need to help people for some reason. I guess thats why Im in my field of work and volunteer whenever I can. Im not sure if it has anything to do with my being raised a JW or not.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I feel a serious lack of love in my life. My family has little involvement with me even though they are no longer in the troof. Our relationship was destroyed when I stopped going to meetings and I was disowned.

I did have love until about 5 months ago, she left me because we couldnt connect on a spiritual basis... that and my mothers constant threats to her because she would turn me into an "evil Catholic".

I do not look for love though because in my experiance it doesnt lead me to the right places. I know that I am a good guy so I am being myself and making myself available, I am hoping that love will find me once again.

Eric of the hopeless romantic class

• Solace
    Solace

Eric,

"I do not look for love though because in my experiance it doesnt lead me to the right places. I know that I am a good guy so I am being myself and making myself available, I am hoping that love will find me once again."

I believe that many people find love without looking for it. I dont think love is something you can look for or create. I would think you have to first meet people, care about them and then it can grow into love from there, ya know?

I cant imagine you being without love very long, especially if you are of the hopless romantic class.

Take care.

• Introspection
    Introspection

I think maybe I yearn for people to allow themselves to have love. A 'lack of love' is only a problem if you are identified with some external source as if you get your supply of love out there some where. Of course, most people think this way to some extent. It's only natural, it may be family or other loved ones that we're particularly close to. This may not make any sense, but the key is to not attach love to any person or behavior, because that's how it's made conditional. Unfortunately people tend to think it has to come from their parents, their lovers/spouse or whatever, but the way I look at it they are just not allowing the natural love that's all around to be experienced. Obviously I'm not talking about things you get from interpersonal exchanges, (it could involved that, but that's just how it comes out sometimes) that's more than likely just a feeling - which is something that goes on inside you. Basically, all I'm saying is if you really want love, then accept it in all its forms. If you are lonely and want to find romance with a special partner, then that's what you want. The two are not mutually exclusive, but just be clear what exactly it is that you want.

• minimus
    minimus

Introspection, You think too much.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus
    Are you satisfied with your life?

Yes.

Have you found "true love"

Yes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest