QFR Mar 15 WT: Home-Delivery Memorial Feast!

by Stephanus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thanks for posting the scan of this, Steph. As always you're a great source of WTS publications!!!! You're not getting them from the Town Hall outlet, are you?

The procedure to visit one of the "remnant" with the emblems is not new, but a long-standing practice, so that in the elders' planning meeting (yep, they have a planning meeting for the Great Non-communiuon feast!) they have to take note of any of the "anointed" who may be unable to attend the KH and make arrangements to take the bread and wine to them after the Memorial. A few appropriate words are also to be shared as well as prayer with the partaker.

Cheers, Ozzie

• greven
    greven
    Strange how we never get THOSE QFRs!

I gave up long ago on the notion that they are from readers. I think it should be called Questions From Writers. New light is usually shed after a question from a "reader". My guess is that when they want to change minor details like in the blood question they think up a question dealing with the issue and sneak the new light in. Often they do not mention that it is new light and a reversal of old policy.

Greven.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

No, Greven, you've got it wrong; the questions are written by the readers. After all, the Writing Department get to read the magazines too, don't they?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    You're not getting them from the Town Hall outlet, are you?

Not this time - will reveal more after tomorrow - still have some mags I need to get before I possibly jeopardise this source...

After all, the Writing Department get to read the magazines too, don't they?
    You really think so, Ozzie??
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Oh no, Steph, you're not "having a study" with them, are you?

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS says this arrangement of taking the bread and the wine to the ill or bed-ridden is only for those who are anointed/partakers. If not, this is the procedure:

February 1, 1993 page 31 Questions From Readers

If

aChristianissickoristravelingandthusnotabletobe

attheMemorialcelebration,shouldhecelebrate

itamonthlater?

Those who are of Jesus "other sheep" class, with the hope of everlasting life on a paradise earth, are not under command to partake of the bread and the wine. (John 10:16) It is important to attend the annual celebration, but they do not partake of the emblems.So if one of them is sick or is traveling and thus not with any congregation that evening, he or she could privately read over appropriate scriptures (including the account of Jesus instituting the celebration) and pray for Jehovahs blessing on the event worldwide. But in this case there is no need for any additional arrangement for a meeting or a special Biblical discussion a month later.

Edited by - Blondie on 5 February 2003 7:55:58

• scumrat
    scumrat

Nathan, you are funny !! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Now, for one night only, you can get Salvation on Demand!

Lordy, lordy. Leave the poor sickly old people in peace. Why don't you just remind them that they aren't going to heaven. Real nice.

ash

• Rihannsu
    Rihannsu

Also if the delivery is not on time they give you jelly on top of the crackers for free!!!!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Oh no, Steph, you're not "having a study" with them, are you?

No Ozzie, I can tell you now. There's a little stand outside Mt Druitt Shopping Centre, like the one at Town Hall Station. I had to go back today to get a certain issue for Bill Bowen - didn't think they'd like to know that, however! I chewed the fat for a while and got away with the prize - it's one of the two new threads I started today - you've already seen the other one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit