I am sooo far behind...

by DanTheMan 12 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Dan, here is how I would describe myself. I have deep pockets of knowledge surrounded by vast acres of ignorance. If a subject comes up that I know about, that sure makes me happy. If something comes up that I know little or nothing about, I just listen and ask questions. People seem to like that. I agree with Joanna. Just pick a topic or two that interests you and pursue your interets. I like her statement that knowledge is weblike. Learning something tends to lead to a network of knowledge across different areas. Since you are above average in intelligence, learning should be easy once you get in the habit of it again. I thought I would add one more point. When I was in my 20's, I thought I knew everything. Now, I am painfully aware of what I don't know. When I don't know, I ask someone who does, or someone who can direct me to where I can learn about it myself.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Thank you all for your comments.

Sometimes I'm afraid of knowledge. How weird is that? Looking back I realize that I joined JW's because the outside world was just too much for me to handle, too much information, too many avenues, I needed a total black/white simplistic ideology to soothe my frantic 22 year old mind.

I enjoy math, physics, and logic as much as anything. Perhaps per Jo's advice I will start taking some steps in that general direction. I had such a mind for math in school, it always came so easy. But, once again, I was such a paranoid don't-give-a-sh*t flunky in HS that I never had anything more advanced than basic algebra. Guess I better get some textbooks and stop spending so much frikkin time on this website!

So much knowledge, so little time.

• vanilia
    vanilia

francois, you believe in an afterlife?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit