To Rick on H2O...

by Simon 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey Simon,

I gotta say "thanks" too cause you attract all the cute chicks! Guys like me have to hang out at the watering holes cause we can't run fast enough to catch them anywhere else!

good on ya mate!

old man in the cave

• bajarama
    bajarama

Simon,

I just wanted to say thanks for this site! It is a great place. My wife hates you because I spend to much time reading all the posts.

Thanks again!

bajarama

• qwerty
    qwerty

Simon

I'd just like to say thanks myself for your hard work. I don't think I can't begin to imagine the amount of time and personnal sacrifice it takes to maintain this board, how do you keep up with all the Emails?

Rick, if you are reading this thread thanks also, H20 was the first proper discussion board (over a year ago now) that I found like minded friends. Sorry for not posting there as often, this board is alot faster.

Medicine comes in all forms, H2O and JW.com are just the right kind. Some medicine (posts)is hard to swollow but beneficial in the long run.

A scripture comes to mind....LOL
    Hebrews 10: 23. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;
    24. and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
    25. not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more, as you see the day drawing near.

On here and H20 helps us to fulfill that need...... Especialy if we all keep in mind verse 24.

Well someone had to mention that scripture!

Warm regards, your Bro. qwerty.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Simon,

That was very kind of you to address Rick. Somehow rather that sounding like an “apostate” it sounded like the ideal spiritual brother trying to mend.
    I’m am very sorry to here what you have recently been going through just because “we doubted, because we asked questions”. Both are the process of thinking, and yet you suffer because you think. Keep up the thinking. Proverbs 2:1-9 praises “thinking ability” (NWT, sorry). It has got to be the right thing to do.

Jst2laws

• apostate
    apostate

Simon, Rick

I think if you guys would exchange links and put them on your main page it would make it faster for the new comers to learn the truth about the Watchtower.

• DevilsAdvocate_DA
    DevilsAdvocate_DA

Brother Simon,

Thanks, for JW.Com and your kind and gracious thoughts to Rick over on H20.

I believe that Jehovah and Jesus Christ see the same persons as we see in you and Rick.

If it means anything to you, my prayers are with you both.

DA

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Simon,

A lot of us read H20, but we started coming here to chat, post songs, poetry, quotes, jokes, etc., and some personal stuff. A place to *be.*

Farkel once challenged someone on H20 saying that H20 was not a "warm and fuzzy" place - it was a place of truth and hard knocks. Ok....but this place didn't take that form - and I'm so glad of that.

I hope Rick reads this because when I first came to the web, one of my posts here was copied over to H20, with pertinent hometown information. I freaked - and publicly asked for it to be removed. Rick did so - and took heat for it because I could have been someone lying. After Rick helped me - I thanked him publicly for helping me. He didn't have to, particularily since he was acting warm and fuzzy for a stranger.

waiting

• TR
    TR

Simon,

With a few exceptions, some of my posts included, this forum is an excellent place for those newly out, or contemplating it, to seek assistance. More of a relaxed atmosphere here, with some diverse personalities thrown in for flavor. I like the taste, myself. This forum is also a great place for those old timers out a long time to hang. I like how many diverse views are welcomed. It's just an all around great place! Thanks for tolerating me.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit