Is the GB and FDS the same thing?

by William Penwell 25 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Knorr didn't write.......Freddie did.

• Earnest
    Earnest

*** w71 12/15 760-1 A Governing Body as Different from a Legal Corporation ***

HOW THE GOVERNING BODY CAME TO EXIST

How did this governing body make its appearance in recent times? Evidently under the direction of Jehovah God and his Son Jesus Christ. According to the facts available, the governing body became associated with the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. C. T. Russell was patently of that governing body back there in the last quarter of the nineteenth century. Being fully dedicated to God through Christ, he set himself to apply his time, energy, abilities, wealth and influence to defending Gods inspired Word and spreading its message. To that end he began publishing Zions Watch Tower back there in July of 1879, believing, as he said in its columns, that this had Jehovahs backing, and hence there would be no solicitation for money. He manifested the qualifications of an overseer as set out in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 and accordingly he was requested by the congregation of Christian Bible students at Allegheny to serve as its pastor or spiritual shepherd. Five years later Zions Watch Tower Tract Society was incorporated and served as an "agency" to minister spiritual food to thousands of sincere persons seeking to know God and to understand his Word and to come into relationship with him through Christ.

Dedicated, baptized, anointed Christians became associated with that Society at headquarters in Pennsylvania. Whether on the Board of Directors or not, they rendered themselves available for special work of the "faithful and discreet slave" class. They aided in the feeding and directing of the slave class, and thus a governing body made its appearance. This was evidently under the guidance of Jehovahs invisible active force or holy spirit.

*** w72 12/15 755 Do You Submit to Christ's Headship Today? ***

This governing body is the administrative part of a "faithful and discreet slave" or "steward" class concerning which Jesus promised: "His master . . . will appoint him over all his belongings." (Matt. 24:45-47; Luke 12:42-44)

Edited by - Earnest on 5 February 2003 19:42:40

• gumby
    gumby

According to the facts available, the governing body became associated with the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania.

Oh really? I thought the governing body was ALREADY in existance since this class has supposedly been on earth.....continous since Pentecost? What existing group did Russell hook up with? None......he was the slave as he and others thought. (and yes I know....he later changed his tune ) The point is....there was NO governing body in existance BEFORE his time as the Watchtower claims. If anyone one wants to dispute this.......show me who they were.

Gumby

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I remember one anointed in one of the congregations I was in; a man, in his 60s, and he was known as the "Cop Killer", because as a youth, he had assisted in killing a cop while escaping from a robbery. The other guy was older, this one was only 18, but the older one managed to put the blame on the younger guy.OK, he became a Witness after he was let out of prison, and started partaking of the emblems. What made me wonder a bit, though, was that in the year I was in the congregation, he never opened his mouth, he never said a word, and no-one ever saw him out in the field service. Yet, he was one of the saintly few upon whose shoulders lay the possible salvation of mankind, and he was one of the saintly few who in proper time feeded his brothers, a feeding which is administered by the GB, but which originates among others from this guy?

Hm ...................

• somebody
    somebody

Hi TheOldHippie,

and he was one of the saintly few who in proper time feeded his brothers,

ONLY the 12 GB members of the Watchtower INC. feed it's followers/adherehents food/publications from the publishing factory. It's a BUSINESS ! And that's what it wants. BUSINESS. Customers are supporters. Without customers, a business will fail. If a business throws God in the picture, then they will rake in much more supporters to donate money. The WBTS did not become a multi-million doallr business because God was behind it. It became multi-million doallar business using tactics that businesses use. Just like any other business, things will get slow and they will have to sell assets. Just as any other business, without customers, they can't make profit. CUSTOMERS make their profits and make them money. If the business had anything to do with God, it would just survive and that's it. It would not be worth multi millions of dollars and continue giving the impression to their supporters that they are poor and in need of donations to just cover the cost of printing and distributing.

peace,

gwen

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Of the few remnant that I have know in the past, one was very intelligent but there was one elderly sister that everyone in the congregation knew she was crazy. She would call the brothers to her house because she would see and hear things in the night. Here was a person that was to rule us lowly ones on earth. Give me a break.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit