Special'DolphinAward'-Beverly Curry/deceased jw

by sf 13 Replies latest jw friends

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Um this is a disgusting thread. I have to agree with scooby snacks. She is dead, Leave her alone.

• Xander
    Xander

JW or not 9/11 or not, its a piss poor shot to use this womans death to further your desire to run down the WT for your own aims, just because she was

Very big-hearted of you. Giving someone a break just for dying. The WT certainly doesn't hold to that kind of behavior.

Ever been to a WT funeral? Oh, they just LOVE it when a member dies, they get to drag in a whole bunch of people who wouldn't otherwise get to hear their message and then preach to them for an hour or so.

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Xander, Every religion does that, the fact is a person died here. Havent you a heart?

• Xander
    Xander

Sorry, but I've been to a number of funerals. Too many, perhaps, but, I suppose, one is too many.

Anyway, no, nobody preaches to the attendees like the JWs do. Indeed, I remember my grandfathers funeral the clearest. He was a WW2 vet. What did they talk about? Oh, sure, they mentioned he was in heaven, etc. But what they talked about almost the WHOLE TIME was what kind of person he was. What he did for his country. His family, his kids, etc.

Things that mattered. Things we should remember him for.

What do JWs talk about? I think the last 2 JW funerals I went to they mentioned the person that died by name or implication maybe twice. The rest of the hour or so (and it was) was about how WE could all join them in paradise, blahblahblah.

Certainly, NO mention of their accomplishments in this life - except, perhaps, that they were all in vain and striving after the wind - after all, the only life that matters is in the new system.

Even as a good little uber-JW boy, I thought the funerals seemed cold. And, recently, with 'worldly' funerals to compare against....well, the difference is stark to say the least.

No, I have no problems ridiculing the JWs double-standard regarding people, dead or alive, as they obviously don't care for their dead at all. (Indeed, they have and continue to put out articles on WHY we should not dwell on the dead)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit