Special'DolphinAward'-Beverly Curry/deceased jw

by sf 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

I stumbled across this search hit:

http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:krnl_HsyM5UC:www.csinews.net/pdf/Commencement_2002.pdf+Walter+Reyes+jehovah%27s+witnesses&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Within this 'file' there is this acknowledgement: (it is not allowing me to 'copy'[stand by, i will try to fix it]...please open the link and scroll to : 'SPECIAL DOLPHIN AWARD').

It's just that a few things stated there got my goat, so to speak.

sKally

• Xander
    Xander

Aside from the whole standard JW double-standards?

IE., you have money, you can do whatever-the-hell-you-want-in-life, you don't, you just get to go door to door living strict JW lifestyle trying to bring in new members who DO have money?

It's not so different from scientology, actually, just not as popular with the celebs yet.....

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Here you go:

SPECIAL DOLPHIN AWARD

The Late Beverly Curry

You were born Beverly LaVerne Crew in 1960 in North Carolina. Raised there, you came to New York in 1985 with your husband Frederick Curry. You worked full-time, first with Exco Noonan and, since 1997, with Cantor Fitzgerald on the 102nd floor of the World Trade Center.

You died before your time on Nine/Eleven; you had every reason to anticipate a long and happy life. Because you worked full-time, you attended CSI in the evening. A Finance major, you had earned an outstanding grade point average. Professors remember you as a gifted and engaged learner. Congregants at Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses remember you as a devout Christian and dedicated teacher. Family and friends remember you as an ambitious and loving person. Your husband Frederick has commemorated you by establishing a scholarship at CSI, so that generations to follow will also remember you. You are immensely present to us today as we give him, as your survivor, this special Dolphin Award.

• sf
    sf

That is surely appreciated Nathan. Thank you.

These were the utterances that 'struck' me:

"You died before your time on Nine/Eleven; you had every reason to anticipate a long and happy life."

Obviously someone was not preaching the good news to their co-workers, thus they had no Klue what she was so devoted to. And that the WTC is part of 'Satans Organization', too. Can you say HYPOCRITE!

"a scholarship at CSI, so that generations to follow will also remember you."

I cannot even comment politely on this krap!

sKally

• sf
    sf

Okay, 'lettuce' do some searching, shall we? Oh yes, we shall!:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=Exco+Noonan

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=Cantor+Fitzgerald

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Cantor+Fitzgerald+Watchtower

[[ Newsday.com - New York City Top Private Companies
    ... 29 M. FABRIKANT & SONS 30 HELMSLEY ENTERPRISES 31 CANTOR FITZGERALD LP 32 INTEGRA
    REALTY RESOURCES INC. 33 ROYSTER-CLARK INC. 34 WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT ...
    www.newsday.com/business/ ny-biz-nytop100private,0,5379855.story?coll=ny-business-utility - 51k - Cached - Similar pages ]]

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Frederick+Curry

http://216.239.57.100/search?q=cache:5ZAAxW0ZCi4C:www.csinews.net/NewsReleases/curryscholarship.htm+Beverly+Curry&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

I do sincerely hope she is resting in peace now.

sKally, all things Watchtower and 'Satans Org' must be opened for the public to view, then decide what to do with 'it'...klass

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

sKally said, "Obviously someone was not preaching the good news to their co-workers, thus they had no Klue what she was so devoted to. And that the WTC is part of 'Satans Organization', too. Can you say HYPOCRITE!"

Well, I agree with you that her cow-orkers seem to not be aware that she "intended" to lie forever after she witnesses their death at Armageddon, but the World Trade Center is simply an office building, isn't it? OK, if you want to take the Wahabi/Watchtower view that it is the embodiment of Capitalism, maybe you can...

I would think that her Dub husband should know that this "entire wicked system of things" is going to be destroyed any minute now, so sponsoring a scholarship at CSI is hardly an appropriate way to have future generations remember her, is it? Maybe she can give CSI a perpetual subscription to The Watchtower - it's only $1 a year, so for a mere $1,000 her gift will last a millennium. DRAT! The WTS stopped the subscriptions, didn't they? Aw heck!

I really don't get he point that you're trying to make with the second part of your post sKally, and I'm not trying to be difficult - Cantor-Fitzgerald is a big business... The Watchtower Society is a big business... and... ??? Please provide some commentary.

• sf
    sf

No comment, respectfully. I was just pulling up key names and words and allowing the reader to go further...if they so choose.

sKally

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

This woman died in the 9/11 terrorist attack. I'm amazed that because she happened to be a JW, you are discrediting her memory for your own aims to discredit the WT. How low will some of you sink here? Truly disgusting.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This woman died in the 9/11 terrorist attack. That must make her some kind of untouchable martyr,huh?

Her survivors can say or do any hypocritical thing, because SHE died on 9/11.

If she had died on 9/10 or 9/12 she would have been fair game, but she died on 9/11.

She gets a pass.

She's a JW-American saint now, you know.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 4 February 2003 6:34:56

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

No Nathan................just this .... SHE DIED, JW or not 9/11 or not, its a piss poor shot to use this womans death to further your desire to run down the WT for your own aims, just because she was. She gets a pass you say? Yes I reckon she does. Of course in your anti JW mindset she really doesn't.........Sheesh, how low can you go. I'm amazed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit