60 years/Channel C

by metatron 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• metatron
    metatron

Over at channelc, there's a guy named Michael who claims he just left 60 YEARS
    OF THE WATCHTOWER behind after a personal meeting with a "prominent member" of the
    Governing Body that confirmed his worst fears. Interesting reading.

metatron

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Do you have a link? Thanks!

Edited by - NameWithheld on 3 February 2003 12:26:21

• Matty
    Matty

I'd never even heard of Channel C before today!

http://www.channelc.org/cgi-bin/eboard30/index.cgi

• hillary_step
  • onacruse
    onacruse

You don't say hillary_step!

Very interesting it answers many questions Craig and I have wondered about regarding the GB. Thanks metratron for the link.

Katie (of the would like to hear what H_S had to say class)

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

lol....My post showed up blank - story of my life!

What I did say, if this post shows up, is that Michael is bona-fide and that both he and his wife after decades within the WTS have reached the conclusions contained in his post on CC. I saluted Michael and his wife for their courage and integrity. Turning your back on all that you have held dear at their station in life, is one of the most courageous actions that I have seen in recent times, especially given that most of their three generations of family are within the WTS.

Best regards - HS

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Yeah what he said:

h_s:

What I did say, if this post shows up, is that Michael is bona-fide and that both he and his wife after decades within the WTS have reached the conclusions contained in his post on CC. I saluted Michael and his wife for their courage and integrity. Turning your back on all that you have held dear at their station in life, is one of the most courageous actions that I have seen in recent times, especially given that most of their three generations of family are within the WTS.

Another one bites the dust of the B'org! Yeah!

Katie (of the informed class,ty hillary)

• sf
    sf

"...spoke with a prominent GB member.."

Whom did he speak with Hillary? Is it to remain a non-mentionable? If not, why would the name be excluded in Michael's post?

I'm sure I am not the only one wanting the name. And I'm almost positive many here can just about guess who spewed this reply. Yet facts are what we want.

Thank you, sKally

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello sKally,

Discretion is the better part of valor. These situations are rather more complex than merely providing information, which would be forthcoming at the behest of the person/s involved, for discussion Board analysis. Michael has a right to protect his privacy and his contacts without judgment.

Best regards - HS

• sf
    sf

"Michael has a right to protect his privacy and his contacts without judgment."

That is a given sir. And it is well understood by me. Yet just the very fact that he only spoke with one gb member, will 'out' him. I'm sure not many others approached this very same gb member with these very same 'issues'.

Privacy? On public boards that do not need passwords? That has always perplexed me. Why would he do this? PUBLICALLY?

May I guess then??

Does the first name start with 'T' and the last name start with 'J'? Yes or no?

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit