Do You Still Use Facebook Like Before?

by minimus 10 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Many of my friends are turning to Instagram. Iā€™m not on there just yet.šŸ¦

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Yes I do

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Yes. If you are asking in reference to the recent non-news issue dealing with Facebook selling off your info, it hasn't changed my social media habits at all. I put little to no info out on the interwebs about myself as I possibly can.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

To borrow a line (or 2) from truth_b_known, No. If you are asking in reference to the recent non-news issue dealing with Facebook selling off your info, it hasn't changed my social media habits at all. I put little to no info out on the interwebs about myself as I possibly can.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Yes, Facebook is still my main social media outlet. I have an Instagram account too but am rarely on it. I usually upload multiple pictures at once & it's easier to organize these on Facebook compared to Instagram. Instagram only allowed ONE picture to be uploaded at a time & didn't bother to introduce an album feature until recently ā€” and with a pathetic 10 picture limit! No thanks, I'm sticking to Facebook ā€” Instagram just doesn't suit my style

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

FYI - Instagram is owned by Facebook.

• oppostate
    oppostate

You can say that again, min!

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I use it less and I don't take quizzes anymore. Any story that asks for another click is gone. I just do less. I'm mad it has been misused......kind of like religion.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I love Facebook. I keep up with friends and I've made so many new ex-JW friends through it. People find me personally after hearing my podcasts and reach out. We follow each other's lives and cheer each other on. It's great. I had very few friends on there as a JW but lots of great friends now.

I don't do IG yet. My wife uses that more.

Oh, and I unfollow people that make Facebook suck for me. Too much politics, too many man hating remarks because your girls will hate on men with you, too many posts per day to where my entire feed is you, or sharing every stupid memory that comes up will be cleared from my feed. I make it as enjoyable as possible.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I use Facebook as a repository for pictures. I never post any comments that might give an indication of my political interests.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit