Beware of the Warmonger

by JLOB 34 Replies latest jw friends

• email
    email

Here we go again...

Another uninformed poster...

The US had it's chance to make a change of power in Iraq during the gulf war but decided not to

What a joke... we did what we had to do and the purpose of dessert storm WAS NOT to make a change of power in Iraq. It was to defent Kuwait. The U.N. did NOT let the U.S. and Allies go beyond the scope of the mission and the purpose of why we went to Iraq the first time.

What more evidence do you want?... have you been reading or watching the news lately?...

Oh right... we "warmongers" are waiting for Iraq to actually USE the Anthrax that they HAVE and don't want to tell were it is... and the VX and Nerve gas that they have and is not accounted for... and the long range missiles that they don't want to tell where they are against our allies or give some of those biological weapons to terrorists that will make find their way to the U.S. and create havoc... Saddam was capable of using those biological agents AGAINST HIS OWN PEOPLE... FELLOW IRAQIS.... it is STUPID to think he will not use it against other nations or even us through the hands of terrorists.

Besides... Apparently we're forgetting there that there IS a U.N. agreement that he ARROGANTLY VIOLATED... and something HAS to be done about it. What do you want the world community to do?... Just give him a slap in the hand and let his madness to continue?

• email
    email

In short, you can see actual footage of weapons were being destroyed and the medical help the people of Iraq need.

Of course they will destroy SOME of the weapons... they NEED to give EVIDENCE to the world that in fact they DID destroyed them...

But what about the other (According to the U.N.) chemical and bioligical agents they possess and never reported as being destroyed?

Guest77 I think you're being way too naive in believing that the Iraqis will come clean.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

the u.s let em off during the gulf war.

But not anymore......now we take their oil!!.....

cheaper gas for this fashionista!

• email
    email

There has to be information that Bush has that we are not privy to.

OF COURSE!!... and we will eventually know... like in many other cases the U.S. has to plan and protect themselves BEFORE they can spill out EVERYTHING.

Do we think that just because we are citizens we are entitled to know everything?
    Definitelly NOT... we are NOT entitled to know everything... there are MANY things that are a matter of NATIONAL SECURITY and they are kept from us (or the rest of the world for that matter) to protect us and for our best interest.
  • Guest 77
    Guest 77

email, you would kindly read my post again. As to being naive, that's your opinion and your entitled to it. How you and others come to the conclusion that the US never had a hand in this situation is being naive. Would you kindly give me logical answers as to why the USA treated the Native American Indians the way they did? Maybe you need to read up on blankets given to the Indians that was infested with smallpox! Are we to call the Native American Indians terrorists for protecting their homes and culture against the greedy Europeans? I don't what to hear about this 'Manifest Destiny' either. Before you cast stones I suggest you back up and research the real history.

Guest 77

• email
    email

Would you kindly give me logical answers as to why the USA treated the Native American Indians the way they did?

So you say let's dwell on the past... Let's go back and pay retributions not only Native americans but also to black americans.

I KNOW we're not perfect... we have made mistakes... MANY mistakes... but we have corrected them and many cases admitted them and moved forward... we have learned from our mistakes and are still learning from them... but we are a nation that has grown and evolved based on those experiences good and bad.

I do read my history.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

email, I requested logical answers. Where and when did I ever imply that Native American Indians should have retributions? I don't recall, could you refresh my memory?

Can you cite examples when and where the government has corrected the situations with the Native American Indians? I mean, what did the Indians do (on their own homeland) that warranted such treatment by the Europeans?

US talks about Saddam violating his treaties/agreements and it's been 12 years since that he hasn't kept his word. Compare that with the 500 years of brutal treatment of Native Peoples and the 370 some odd treaties that were never kept, except for one, stealing their land!

What I'm looking for is 'balance' when it comes to treating others. Whenever we point fingers we need to consider that three fingers are pointing back at us. I'm not for ANY brutal dictator. Why should the innocent suffer because of warmonging greedy rulers? Why?

Guest 77

• rem
    rem

Guest77,

Are you suggesting that the US is planning on colonizing Iraq and displacing the current inhabitants? I'm not sure I follow your point.

Also, doesn't the US already enjoy some of the cheapest oil prices in the world? (Except you wouldn't know it here in SF, just miles from where we actually refine the stuff!)

rem

• heathen
    heathen

email- The only constitutional right for the US government to use the military is to prevent the over throw of the republic. This business of going to foreign countries and meddeling in their politics is unconstitutional. The US is always in violation of international law so what the hell would the difference have been if they thru saddam out during the gulf war ? I think it would have been easier to coerce support then than now. I remember then being brainwashed that saddam was a threat to freedom and demacracy. I am really tired of presidents that think the entire world is in their domain of legislature. I think the posters that say the whole thing revolves around control of world oil reserves are the only ones that make any sense. Let's face the facts , kuwait was oil country that's the reason for the gulf war . Noone would have cared if there wasn't the oil involved.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Rem, no such suggestion. There is a vast difference between Native American Indians and Saddam. It is comparable to night and day. Your familiar with the saying, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian?" Now, where did that come from? Do you think it was a joke?

Do you think the Europeans came to North American because the Indians were mistreating each other and they needed to know the Bible so they can be civil? No way! There's plenty of information on the net about Native American Indians and their culture. Franklin and Jefferson spent a lot of time with the Five Nation Confederacy especially with the Mohawks. It was at the suggestion of the Mohawks that the colonies be united. It may surprise you to learn 'how' many things your ancestors learned from the Indians. Check it out.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit