Online Watchtower publications archives?

by slimboyfat 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Years ago I remember there being a number of sites with pretty extensive archives of Watchtower publications online. Can anyone direct me to the best current site for this material? In particular I am looking for a booklet from 1898 called "The Bible vs. The Theory of Evolution". There's a reproduction for sale on eBay but I can't find the text in any form online anywhere. Not on Barbara Anderson's site or on the old archive site I used to use. Am I missing something obvious?

In 2015 I sort of imagined everything would be online by now but if anything old WT publications seem to bed getting more difficult to consult online. I thought all Watchtowers, Golden Age, Consolations, Tracts and Booklets, and so on would be online by now, at least up until 1950 or thereabouts when copyright kicks in.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh I found it on this site.

http://wiki.jw-archive.org/x1880%20C.E.

Excellent.

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks Slim. This is good info to have!

I enjoy reading Rutherfords lunatic articles.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Also archive.org might have some other scans of the WTBTS literature.

NJY

• Saintbertholdt
  • Watchtower-Free
  • Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

http://www.a2z.org/wtarchive/archive.htm

edit: the bible vs evolution link isn't working for me, so the link may not be what OP needs.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Wifibandit has an extensive archive on Google Drive. I won't presume to link to it here. I'm sure he'll show up sometime today and either paste the link here for you or PM the link to you.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    It's hard to believe, but my mom came into the truth in early '60's by reading the older literature (which meant the 30's and 40's literature). Looking at it now, the material is so bizarre. I guess in a different time and place it must have made sense and appealed to some.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

A list of Archive Sites

If you can't find what you are looking for, Make a post like this one. Chances are someone either has it, knows where to get it, or also is looking for it.

As for 1898 - The Bible Versus the Evolution Theory, I have found both a Scanned PDF and a Text PDF.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit