Deconstructing Splanes 'Generation' explanation

by Splash 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD

I still don't for the life of me understand how JW's are able to tolerate the growing disconnect between what they believe to be the 1st century fulfillment and its modern day counterpart.

Without that pattern, what basis is there for claiming the statement has any applicability beyound the 1st century at all?

Interpreting the Olivet on an ad hoc basis might be fine for inside the Kingdom Hall, but aren't they the least bit embarrassed or ashamed to be torn apart by an intelligent Born Again at the door?

• prologos
    prologos

TD
    2 hours ago

I still don't for the life of me understand how JW's are able to tolerate the growing disconnect between what they believe to be the 1st century fulfillment and its modern day counterpart.

Yeah, in the first[century] fulfillment the generation survived the main event, flesh saved.

-in the modern wt version the anointed generation does not survive the Biggy, A. , but is raptured before it even starts. , their flesh is not saved.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

My grandfather witnessed the second world war. Although I was born decades later and knew my grandfather well, I did not witness the second world war and therefore cannot be a part of the so called second world war generation.

Only if you were alive when an event occurred can you belong to that generation.

• sherrie11
    sherrie11

I just can't get my head around it!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit