Went to a revival meeting

by hoser 13 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

Well it was a circuit assembly but basically the same thing.

Imitate Jehovah in your family using resources wisely was one of the parts. They basically said don't buy a new cell phone so you can give more to "Jehovah"

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Gee...I think I'll go buy a new cell phone! I have the money now, I don't have to put donations in the box anymore.It's amazing how much time and money we have now that we are out! No motels for conventions. No gas for car in service and to conventions. No dress clothes (love this one). Don't have to buy dress clothes for kids either.

Hoser...Sorry you had to sit thru that. Ugh!

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Wow they really are sounding desperate. What's next - question yourself if you really need new underwear when you could be giving that money to Jehovah?
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Do you really need that brand name peanut butter? Could you not buy generic and give the extra money to Jehovah?
  • ReligionOfHatred
    ReligionOfHatred
    Can you explain the "Octagon" statement made at the Region Assembly Revival, it was like using the Trinity "egg" example to show how its "one but three parts".
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Don't buy a new cell phone so I can give more to Jehovah/WT?

How the heck am I supposed to be wired in to JDubya.org 24/7then?

• Lieu
    Lieu

Nah, I don't fund non-charitable 'kept men' who operate on a one way give-me street. When have they ever given a cent freely to any members in need?

The Omnipotent One has no need for money.

• Scully
    Scully
    They can effing Wait On Jehovahâ„¢ for donations, for all I care.
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    Don't buy yourself an Apple Watch. Ask yourself if you would best honor Jehovah by using your valuable things to buy Geoffrey Jackson a Gold Apple Watch instead.
  • username
    username

The big man in the sky has lowered himself to all of us don't you know?! he has given "truths" to only 8 million in the world, how humbled they should be that this mighty god has *lowered* himself to them all so you should feel obligated to donate money....jeeeeeehobah still needs to feed his angels you know!

---EDIT---

On a side not, over at jwtalk they are all practically beside themselves because this months installment of the broadcast hasn't appeared yet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit