HYPNOTISM AT THE KH!

by TR 28 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Can hypnotism be accomplished on an unsuspecting person without the flashy methods used by those we've seen on TV? Has anyone here been hypnotised? How about self-hynosis? I've tried self-hypnosis, but I can't seem to find a good quiet time except for late evening, then I'm too tired and fall asleep. As a 'hovah, I even fell asleep praying! LOL!

An awesome application would be to be at the KH, and hypnotize the public speaker! Maybe hypnotize the speaker just before the talk so he says some crap on the platform. Many and various outcomes could be had with this proceedure. Think of the possibilities!

TR

Edited by - TR on 2 February 2003 13:50:27

• D8TA
    D8TA

I've tried hypnosis, on 5 different occasions, alas...I could never be hypnotized.

Well, except once...but that was by beauty. Does that count?

• TR
    TR

AHHH Yes. 'tized by beauty. No, that's called drooling and tripping over your tongue.

TR

• Scully
    Scully

TR:

Sometimes I think about how lots of the newer KHs have no windows in the auditorium (security? or no distractions from outside?) and how the WTS uses "buzzwords" (theocratic language) like apostate, evil slave, true Christians (= JWs), and so on, to induce an automatic conditioned response in JWs.

Before being a JW, the word "apostate" had no real meaning attached to it. But through association with the JWs a person becomes conditioned to have a very powerful negative response to the word. That isn't hypnosis per se, but it is a form of classical conditioning. The same way Pavlov got his dog to drool whenever he rang a bell, by first associating the sound of the bell with food and repeating the association over and over and over and over..... until finally the dog would drool just at the sound of the bell, without any food at all.

How many times have we said here that going to the KH is just listening to the same series of boring talks and Watchtower studies over and over and over and over..........

That's what the WTS is doing to people's brains....... conditioning them to respond in certain ways to specific words and phrases.

Love, Scully

• nilfun
    nilfun
    An awesome application would be to be at the KH, and hypnotize the public speaker! Maybe hypnotize the speaker just before the talk so he says some crap on the platform. Many and various outcomes could be had with this proceedure. Think of the possibilities!

Anyone remember that pinnacle of moviemaking, The Girl, the Gold Watch, & Everything? ...the one about a pocketwatch that can make time stand still for everyone except the person holding the watch? My siblings and I would fantasize about the things we would do if we could stop time at the kingdom hall with one of those babies! ( rearranging the furniture; rearranging the jerks of the congregation into various compromising positions...)

But no magic goldwatch was to be found....

And hypnotism sounds a lot more do-able than some magic gold watch....though I have heard speakers spout crap from the platform without the help of some evil apostate hypnotist.

Edited by - nilfun on 2 February 2003 14:13:10

• link
    link

Yes! A person can go into a hypnotic trance without their knowing it. Everyone on this board does so at least several times a day and it is possible to induce a trance in an unsuspecting person. However, once they are in a trance like state there is nothing that you can say or do to make them do something that they do not wish to do.

The bottom line is that you could not have fun with the speaker during the Public Talk. Sorry.

link

• TR
    TR

Scully,

Yes indeed, KH meeting are synonimous with hypnotism. But to single out the speaker would be awesome. "In the book of Isaiah it says ....I'm not an elder, I'm a chicken! BOCK buck buck buck buck BACOCK!" or,

"Let's turn to the book of matthew....GO HOME! Jehovah says GO HOME! And don't come back!"

or,

"The faithful slave says....What are we, ZOMBIES?! Go to school! get an education, fer Christ's sake!"

TR

• TR
    TR

link,

The bottom line is that you could not have fun with the speaker during the Public Talk. Sorry

That's not at all what I wanted to hear.

How about throwing a pound of dope into the furnace before the meeting?

TR

• seven006
    seven006

TR,

When I was around five or six years old I use to sit in the front row of the KH and concentrate at a shiny part of the microphone stand, slow my breathing down until it was at a steady pace and slowly put myself into a trance. It felt like I came out of my body about a foot and then turned and looked back inside myself. It was similar to a deep daydream that blocked out all my surrounding distractions and was able to totally concentrate and completely control. For a little kid it was quite a strange experience and I loved doing it. I called it "who am I." I did it a lot because it made the hour long meetings seem like they were only a few minutes long. I stopped doing it when I hit somewhere around ten or eleven years old. I have not been able to do it since.

Right as I was thinking about leaving the religion in my late 20's I went to a shrink to try and understand what was swirling around in my head and why I was so screwed up. I told her about the trances and she explained to me that what I was doing was a form of transcendental meditation. She had never heard of someone at such a young age mastering the technique especially not knowing what it was all about. As I got older I looked into various kinds of meditation and hypnosis and eventually learned to do hypnosis on other people. I use to hypnotize my ex-girlfriend all the time, most of the time it was a lot of fun. The last person I tried it on was Alan F. I could not put him under because he kept laughing. That, and the fact that he has a cement block for a head kept him form going under and me having him dance around the room like a chimpanzee with his ass on fire.

It's all very interesting stuff. It's not demons or voodoo bullshit like some people think. It's just being able to control a persons level of consciousness. It's fun for the whole family.

Dave

• TR
    TR

Dave,

That is very fascinating! Since my head is rather like an empty paper mache shell, it might work on me!

But to try it on a person before a talk would be outstanding.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit