Do US JWs Still Knock on Doors?

by cultBgone 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I've lived in the same place for 5 years. Only once in all that time did JWs ever knock. That was about 4 years ago.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

My house is obviously marked. My office is in the front with a big picture window. They can see me sitting at my desk and still just pass me by. But they only hit this neighborhood about once a year - and on Memorial week and if there is a district assembly being held at the fairgrounds.

JV

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

The amount of territory they cover is going to vary greatly by region and congregation. Some still cover their territory every few weeks and some do it once or twice a year.

Regardless there is absolutely no question at all that door to door is THE WORST method in the year 2015. Anyone under the age 0f 65 doesn't give a fuck about what two people knocking at the door have to say. Magazines and books just end up in the trash.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I live in a large apartment complex where 90% of all residents are or used to be JWs. I thought that would mark this residence with a don't bother to call label. I did get one of my neighbors, an elderly lady ready to drop dead, at my door a couple years ago. I also got, within the past 10 years, two Spanish Witnesses asking me if I could direct them to Spanish speaking neighbors.

I'm surprised that as a "demonized" apostate they haven't marked my home but I don't care one way or another.

• steve2
    steve2

VI, perhaps apostates aren't as "demonized" as they used to be?

• blondie
    blondie

This year was the first time we had any contact with jws at the door for 4 years. She rang the door bell...I was home sick...thought it was the UPS guy. Looked out not opening the door (I was not dressed for company) and saw some women I didn't recognize. I just waved her away but she left the invite for the RC in the door.

Most ring the bell, then knock if no response. But not too much activity in our neighborhood for years. Some jws even pretend to ring or knock (younger jws) not wanting to talk to anyone.

I doubt that the carts are meant to take the place of door to door. Since they don't approach anyone when at the carts, it is the same as calling on people when you known they won't be home. Many jws think just being seen is a witness to people, making non-jws personally liable for their lives at Armageddon. Like walking around Jericho and blowing the horns maybe.

• millie210
    millie210
    Do they still meet for service every weekday morning at the Kingdom Hall?
  • blondie
    blondie
    They still schedule that...other days are optional. Not that many show up and do more than long-standing rvs and bible studies. Who else is home on Wednesday mornings except old people.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Yep, they still knock around in my area. I don't think they look too happy though..It's mostly the older ones I see. The elders have been knocking on my door two months before the RC then ran out of puff just as it wound up..Interesting hey?

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Thank you for all the replies, it appears there are still some knocking on doors but it doesn't seem to have the same importance as when I was dipped several decades ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit