Way off topic: any CAD people here?

by Stan Conroy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Just wondering if there are any CAD gurus on this site? If so, what software are you using?

Stan

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well, you didn't say if you were talking mechanical CAD or electrical CAD.

I do Printed Circuit Board (PCB) CAD Layouts using P-CAD 2001/2002.

I also write Visual Basic utilities to support P-CAD 2001/2002. *grin*

Regards,

Jim TX

Edited by - Jim_TX on 31 January 2003 21:10:51

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Hi Jim,

It's amazing what you can come up with with Visual Basic. I wrote a CAM program to run within Rhinoceros with VB. I also wrote a automated hole function for Mechanical Desktop. I'm not done yet...

Stan

• Loris
    Loris

Hi Stan,

I work for an Architectural Engineer we use AutoCAD 2002

I have struggled to learn lisp and failed miserably. I have done quite a bit of customization of my AutoCAD. Then I got sidetracked with my exit from the Watchtower Bribe and Trash Society (tm)

Loris

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Cad guru here. Been using Mechanical Desktop for the longest time, but in the process of switching to Inventor.

• Mac
    Mac

Yes, I am a cad!

mac, of the hopes to someday be a gentleman class

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

Jim_TX,

What do you think of P-CAD, and is it inexpensive?

I looking for a schematic capture/router for work. We are currently using an old DOS based CAD (Draftsman EE). The company that made the program went out of business years ago. Unfortunately, we have a lot of boards created with this old program and I don't think we will be able to convert them to any other format.

For everyone else, I also want to add that, you can get a simple CAD program for circuit boards from www.expresspcb.com. It can only be used to order boards from them, but for about $60 you can get 3 boards (about 3.5 x 2.5) in 2 days. This is great for prototypes.

pseudo

• animal
    animal

I have done CAD design for about 15 years or so.... 3D modeling/assembly. I just finished up a project at Boeing, working on a satellite...

And, I am always looking for work.

Animal

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

animal,

are you in WA?

• Danster1
    Danster1

I take CAD in school...I use both AutoCAD and Inventor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit