The Witnesses, prestigeous & derogatory titles.

by The Rebel 19 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser
    There is labelling in the world too. We tend to respect wealth education and family pedigree. Not much different from the jehovahs witnesses.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Hoser that is true. that is why I started my O.P " in England we give "deserving" and " High flyers" titles.

Tony Blair, Ambassador for peace.

Sir Jimmy Seville ( disgusting pervert)

The list of people not deserving titles is endless and it includes sportsmen and prime ministers, even kings and queens.

But the point is I am talking about life in the K.H. A PLACE where we are taught titles mean nothing.

The Rebel.

• millie210
    millie210

At least an education is earned though, right?

In the "truth" an idiot can be a "servant with a position and title". Even a pedophile can. No education and NO work required beyond showing up for meetings, going out in service and cleaning the Hall on Saturdays.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

What hoser said.

And "label" is a more accurate term, too.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    What's funny is people will work for these titles even though it doesn't benefit them in any tangible way. The opposite is also true to avoid being looked at negatively people will also work to make sure they don't fall into the "spiritually weak" category. I also find it funny the way everything is considered a "privilege", really cleaning the convention site is a privilege? In what world.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Often those with titles are viewed as "achieving" something and are thus more intelligent or gifted. Those who receive such titles know they are viewed differently and can't help but feel the pressure. Yes, elder is a power laden title even if one doesn't want to be viewed that way. It's the same to a lessor degree with other titles ie: ministerial servant or pioneer. Been there, done that.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Witnesses, prestigious & derogatory titles.

WatchTower PigeonHoling..

pigeonhole:

assign to a particular category or class, especially in a manner that is too rigid or exclusive.

...........Of Course I`m Important..
    ..................I`M A JW ELDER!..
    Image result for Arrogant
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Outlaw...

Hmmm... "Pigeonholed" would be a really good JWD username.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

So according to the latest, sisters should only consider " love" or rather " marriage" , with a brother who is a " M.S" or Elder.

Wow become a " M.S" and suddenly all the single sisters will fancy me. ( On a seriouse note that is a pretty good incentive)

The Rebel.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ The Rebel...

I think what the WT really means is, "become an MS, or you won't get laid."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit