They just came to my door!

by 4christ 19 Replies latest jw friends

• 4christ
    4christ

eek...... i just had a visit from 2 lady JWs! I was totally caught off guard. My dogs barked at em so i had to put them out before i could answer. at first i just listened. The one lady started telling me about the evilness in the world. I told them i was familiar with the Wathtower and Jehovahs witnesses and had some issues with some of their doctrines and practices.

They asked like what and i said like how the watchtower claims to be Gods mouthpiece and disfellowshipping people for something then change their mind, i brought up the scream thing. They asked if i was a JW, no i never have been , my mom was involved, shes been gone 15 years now ( wow, now i have lived longer without my mother than with her around). They asked if she died a faithful JW, i said, no she died a faithful CHRISTIAN. (Back story: She was SHUNNED by JWs, while she was dying of cancer mind you, because she wasnt sure about some of the doctrines and was visiting a baptist church) I am a Christian and I believe that Jesus died for the sins of the world, which i told them. I told them how the JW books gave me nightmares as a child with all the scary pix, second lady says, "well no sense sugar coating it"

The one lady went on to say that oh, its so hard to get disfellowsipped, you have to really WANT to get dfd.....I said what about people who decide to just not be a JW, their families shun them....... the other lady said it was an individuals choice " , and her sons, she would just not talk to him about spiritual matters, she would not shun her son, prodigal son, etc....... mmmm hm. thats great that she wouldnt. Both ladies said that they wouldnt shun thier kids. I was relieved to hear that.

My mind was kinda reeling, with all that i whave read and learned about JWs, i have never been a JW but there is so much that is wrong, i started looking into them because of my experience as a kid with my mom being in bible studies.....and that no matter where i live, they end up on my doorstep. why so intimidating? I have hidden from them, not answered the door......This time, I did not let them scare me.

I think i brought up too much at once though. we briefly dicsussed the UN scandal (they deined the org bieing involved with the un , then first lady said the only tihng would be if a reporter had to get a library card), the child molestation problem that they wont admit to (two witness rule), and the baptism questions that bind a witness to the organization. They denied there was anything like that in the baptism questions and offered to show me in one of their books. I said sure, you let me show you how the WT has changed their positions on whether a woman must scream, and i will look at whatever you want to show me. They declined, saying they already have read what the WT says on the subject............ . Then, my husband shows up at the door, hi honey, is it the child molestors or the blasphemers? i said molestors.... not you two specifically but your organizaton shields them and allows them to come to my door where my children live, and you take notes on when im not at home, and i dont like it. This is all very poilitely really, calm tones of voice. They were all like, where does this information come from, i didnt want to tell them i learned it on the evil internet

The first lady was saying how you cant trust certain sources and i said how can i know you wont use Theocratic War Strategy" on me. They were all we never heard of that and we have fifty years witnessing between us. I said thats your orgs phrase, maybe you should research! They decided it was time to go, I said you take care now, hope you find the truth, they said, we have...........

They might come back, but i dont know, i might have convinced them i am beyond their grips............if they do they will come armed. with pamphlets! oops , during the conversation first lady dropped her bag, and accidentally left me a little pamphlet.......Life in a peaceful new world......

peace -Lauren

• Parousia
    Parousia

Lauren,
    Good job! I'm proud of you!
    I always hope and pray that my parents will call on someone like you. When JW's come to my door I think, "Someone out there might be praying for these people." Even though I've been out for a long time, I still get nervous when I talk to them, but then I remember it's a spiritual battle. There is someone who doesn't want them to hear the truth.
    Myla

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Great story!

God, I wish they would show up at my door sometime. 5 years and nothing, not one litte ring. And I live right smack dab in a fairly large town - 3 mins from a KH. Maybe if I were sucicidal and praying to god for help a JW would show up? At least that's what the assemblies always told me!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Excellent! You did a great job!

They never come and visit me though

• freeman
    freeman

Good job Lauren!

Well you gave them an ear full for sure, and if nothing else you may have planted a seed.

They may very well look up theocratic warfare just to prove that there is no such thing and what they find may get them thinking. You just never know.

I hope you kept track of your time, (you need only 15 minutes now to be considered a regular publisher) and if they ever return, then you can count that as a return visit too.

Thank you for sharing this uplifting experience.

Freeman

• freedom96
    freedom96

Great job! And don't worry, they will never be back.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Well done Lauren! Like everyone else, I've been suffering from a dearth of visits for a couple of years. Today I'm holed up in a secret bunker far from home, and am hoping for a visit today (it's about 8:30am Saturday morning here). Fat chance, however - the normal ( and I use the term loosely) occupants of this house tell me that they've had one visit in 18 months!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I think that visit was for YOUR benefit :) You had an opportunity to voice your concerns finally! Way to go! I wouldnt have been so SWEET however LOLOL.

• seedy3
    seedy3

They always show up on a saturday or sunday morning after a good party the night before....... then I really get caught off guard LOL

Seedy

• Shakita
    Shakita
    The one lady went on to say that oh, its so hard to get disfellowsipped, you have to really WANT to get dfd.....I said what about people who decide to just not be a JW, their families shun them....... the other lady said it was an individuals choice " , and her sons, she would just not talk to him about spiritual matters, she would not shun her son, prodigal son, etc....... mmmm hm. thats great that she wouldnt. Both ladies said that they wouldnt shun thier kids. I was relieved to hear that.

That's great that they wouldn't shun their own kids. BUT, and this is a real big but, they belong and support an organization that promotes and endorses shunning of family members! I would ask them how they live with themselves belonging to an organization that divides and destroys families.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit