How do JW's determine a person is anointed?

by thinker11 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

When that book came out, there was a flurry of excitement about what those "two things" might be.

We never guessed they were his shoe size and his favorite color.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

...kind of Rumplestilskin-esque of him, no?

• schnell
    schnell

I can't say I have, @Nathan Natas. So 20 years before I was born, there was a great excitement over a lot of hot air, eh?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

...as above, so below; as before, so beyond.

• thinker11
    thinker11

Interesting points. So it's like trying to convince someone you saw a ghost and the group can choose to believe you or not. It's so fascinating because it's kept so secretive that im curious as to what is used to believe the person or not. I'm thinking if the person seems sane and is considered spiritually strong, they would usually believe the person is anointed.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

...how do they determine whether this person is anointed or not...

In short, they don't. That's why you see so many people in the entire range of schizoid constellation claiming to be anointed.

If I remember well, what I learned is that they "feel" that they have been anointed. It's something between their Jehovah and the person who claim to be anointed. The words of the WT on it is some kind of description of something they feel in their hearts.

Of course, such description was followed by all the threats of what will happen to those who claim to be and aren't.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"Clear convincing evidence" -Proof from God!

• schnell
    schnell

Well that's as convincing as any.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I'm thinking if the person seems sane and is considered spiritually strong, they would usually believe the person is anointed.

My experience is that JWs tend to stay out of it altogether. They tend not to ask too many questions about people who claim to be anointed, nor do they question it. They feel uncomfortable questioning anything in the first place. They pretend to be ok with it and carry on with their JW duties.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

The brothers would say one of the prayers on Memorial night

(It was for obvious reasons considered their night)

They would generally be considered more spiritually in tune

And therfore what they said would carry slightly more weight than the

rank and file

:0)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit