Sperm Donors and Egg Donors

by MrMoe 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Well, Mr. Moe, you have just described the dynamic in my family. That could have been my mother, father, sister and myself. My father was a loud-mouthed, intimidating, fear-inducing bastard. My mother a weeping, hand-wringing, spineless neurotic. Of course, later in life, when I was an adult and confronted my father, he turned out to be the coward I always suspected he was.

But I would have given all of my pitiful allowance for an entire year if someone like you had done what you described for us - my mother, my sister, and myself - just one time. I don't think it would have changed my utterly dysfunctional family at all. But it would have done ME a world of good to have known, to have had my suspicions confirmed that what I was experiencing at home was NOT normal. Since that behavior was all I ever saw, I thought that was normal despite my suspicions and it took a lot of life experiences to determine for myself that what I saw around my home wasn't normal.

Regardless of how those parents reacted to you, you may have done those kids a world of good last night, and I'm proud to know you. No doubt the world is a better place because you're in it.

francois

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

(((((((((((((((((MOE)))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((FRANCOIS)))))))))))))))))

Moe...I am in awe of what you did. You are truly someone I'd love to know.

Francois, my family was like that too. Although BOTH my mother and my stepfather (now reformed) were loud-mouthed, fear inducing idiots!!!!

I wished the same thing...that someone...ANYONE would have had the guts.....

April

• zev
    zev

Mr Moe,
    your daughter is very lucky to have a mom like yourself.

how often we see this kind of abuse right in front of our eyes, yet don't have the testicular fortitude (balls) to speak up. i'm glad you did. and even though the mother insulted you and called you the worst name (in my opinion) deep down inside she has to know your right.

i didn't have abusive parents, however they were extremely stict. i don't have any children of my own, biologicaly. i did have two step sons, and when i came into their lives i found myself being way to strict, and it took a major crisis to see that in myself. i was lucky. most parents who are like that don't ackowlege it or ignore it and just keep on with what they are doing. i never spoke about it, i just realized i couldn't keep on the way i was, i had to lighten up and let the kids be what they were. kids.

maybe if i ever had kids of my own i could understand what it means to be a parent, someone a child looks up to and loves. i cannot possibly understand that relationship, having never experienced it for myself. all i can do is try, and imagine how i would have felt deep down inside.

how a parent could treat their flesh and blood like that man did, is beyond my comprehension. i'm willing to bet his wife wasn't the only one abused, he probably was too.

when i saw the subject i thought it was about something completely different.

but how right you are, those kinds of parents are nothing more than exactly as you discribe, doners.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Moe,

Its great that you told them. I feel sure that you're words won't be completely ignored. The wife will probably throw it up into the husbands face next time he's hitting her or one of the kids. It might just make something change. Well done!

Sirona

• qwerty
    qwerty

Thanks for standing up to the bully.

As I type I have a few tears (don't want to sound to soft, ) Thinking of what your daughter said about thr stars.

Although my parents were good and brought us up right, with love........All my Bro and sisters have feelings of never being good enough, simply because we never seemed able to do anything right (when it came to Chorse(u.s) earning our pocket money (uk)).

I remember never being praised as a kid, just pulled down mostly when the "Job" was not good enough!

Qwerty

• LDH
    LDH

Moe,

Good for you. I HATE parents like that. Do you know about CASA?

Lisa

• JeffT
    JeffT

Moe, good for you! At minimum those kids now know that at least one person wants to see them treated better than what they get at home.

I'd like to think that if I'd been in the crowd at the store I would have asked him to step outside with me and we'd see if was as good at picking fights with a man as he was at picking fights with women and children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit