Without a doubt! ;-)

by Focus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

Good to see you around Focus!! hugs,T

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Hey Focus :) Whats new on the frontlines? Any gossip? Any new comatose GB members? My aforementioned ex friend the elder who wanted his hair back in the new system, SWORE that one of the causes of his hair loss (and without a doubt the heartbreak of psoriasis) had been his drinking from aluminum cans! When I used to live with he and his wife he would shrink back from them. He came into the Borg in the late 60s, I believe, I suppose while the war against Evil Aluminum was still raging. Perhaps aluminum causes acne and total stupidity as well :)

Loves
    The Wants To Know What the InsiderDubbies Are Up To Class

• Focus
    Focus
    let us look more particularly at God's doings and sayings, and, first, it will astonish you, doubtless, until you reflect, when I say, that according to His word, God has not exhausted His resources for the world's salvation; that, in short, He is not now trying to save the world, nor has he been during past ages. What has He been doing?

He was doing not very much, clearly! This blasphemous gem was from the Prospectus that accompanied the very first ever issue of The Watchtower, in July 1879 (ZION'S WATCH TOWER AND HERALD OF CHRIST'S PRESENCE Vol. 1 No. 1).

--
    Focus
    (Redoubtable Class)

• riz
    riz

Focus, you crack me up

:This blasphemous gem...

I love it. So simple, yet it packs a punch. Nicely done.

Also, would it, be possible, for, the author, of that, article, to, use more, commas, perhaps,? Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick.

riz

• Focus
    Focus

riz uttered:

Also, would it, be possible, for, the author, of that, article, to, use more, commas, perhaps,? Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick.

Yes, I noticed it too. Maybe Greggie Stafford (author of that hilarious work "Jehovah's Witnesses Defended"), who suffers from the selfsame comma-surfeit ailment (as demonstrated by myself on h2O - before he ran away), is a reincarnation of old "Miracle Wheat Defended" Charlie Russell?

Stafford is the self-styled grammatical expert on ancient languages who has been publicly demonstrated (courtesy "The Prominent Bethelite" of Usenet) to be more than a bit hazy about the difference between a phrase and a clause in his own "first" language.

Quite funny, actually... such is the "Watchtower Expert". LOL!

--
    Focus
    (All Cracked Up! Class)

• riz
    riz

Focus,

I'd love to read "Jehovah's Witnesses Defended." Sounds entertaining. I'll be on the lookout for it.

One would hope that a grammatical expert on ancient languages would also try to grasp the art of properly placed punctuation so as to not rile the reader.

riz

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

riz,

Go to: http:www.elihubooks.com/

if you are interested in obtaining Greg Staffords laughable book JWs Defended.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

riz,

Try this link: http://www.elihubooks.com/

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Focus,

Once again, another very informative post of yours. I am passing the info on to others that will use it on their forums.

• Focus
    Focus

I thank everyone for the kind words and encouragement.

At present I face some tough real-life decisions: not the sort you encounter in a QFR ("Questions from Readers"). Some of the time I am not exactly like the thumbnail image, as the more perceptive among you guessed - or knew without a doubt.

--
    Focus
    (No? Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit