District Assembly Instructions

by RubaDub 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Am I too thin-skinned or does anyone find that annual KM insert dealing with the District Assembly offensive???

I mean, having to read and comment on those same things every year about not cooking in your hotel room, not to steal food if breakfast is offered, not to poop in the sinks, or whatever they say.

If you have to give those "reminders," it makes you wonder about the people you are sitting next to during the sessions.

*****Rub a Dub

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

Rubadub,

I think you are quite right. For the majority of people it is offensive to have to review "reminders" that presume you are an imbecile, but then I guess there are a lot of imbeciles out there!! I notice that every year there is a warning about 'appropriate dress' (ie not as if you are on the beach) but how many singles (and not so singles) do you see who treat District Assemblies as a meat market by wearing as little as possible and may as well write 'I'm up for it' across their foreheads.

• blondie
    blondie

RubaDub, because strangely enough, JWs keep doing those things. Just like on another thread, Mulan, talks about a woman who books her hotel rooms for the assembly for the next summer by saying it is for a family reunion and covering all 3 weeks. Then when she finds out which week, she cancels the other 2 and still gets a better rate than doing it the JW proscribed way. And she gets into the best facility long before anyone else. JWs are very passive aggressive about directives from the WTS.

I note they do not talk about saving seats as much because the facilities are emptier in the past.

Blondie

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Last time I went to a meeting was a service meeting and the elder was onstage telling people how to fill in a blood card. Line by line. "Where it says NAME....brothers.......Well, on that line brothers, just write in your name. (scribble scribble) .... Now brothers.. where it says ADRESS......" etc.

And you could FEEL the LOVE as he explained it.

Edited by - refiners fire on 30 January 2003 14:28:49

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I remember being offended for the entire six years I was a witness. Actually, I used to complain that there were too many assemblies.

What I did each year was book my time share. We used to stay in a nice place with parklike grounds and a master bedroom and a kitchen. People used to frown on us because we weren't following society directions. But then they wanted to come over to our place and have a BBQ. LOL Such hypocrites.

• metatron
    metatron

Since the Society is highly reactionary by nature, you have to assume that many
    Witnesses REALLY are that pathetic and dim-witted.

Considering that they now tell them, word for word, how to present each new magazine
    (KM), I'd say the dumbing down is intensifying.

metatron

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I was always like ROTFLMOL during those 'insert' meetings. What a crock, don't do this, don't do that. Like the Awake or WT that had to remind the good little JWs that it is a good idea to wash your bodies every once in awhile. At the current level of 'dumbing down' going on the dub-land, they will needed detailed instructions on wiping their @ss soon.

And all the while you wondered why they had to keep repeating the same crap every year - obviously the good little JWs are not following instructions. Several years as I worked as attendant / security I watched the daily trample as the doors unlocked in the AM. Truely sick. I still vividly recall one 80+ yo lady being knocked down a flight of about 6 steps as the herd of cattle plowed it's way up. Obviously the spirit wasn't moving her along fast enough. Or Maybe she was apostate and Jehuber knew it, and had her trampled. Who knows?

I also recall a few times that we were held at the bottom of stairs, wating for upper levels to be 'opened' for seating. This was 10 mins prior to the start, and the reason they wouldn't open? To make it appear more crowded - forcing everyone to fill every last seat in the lower level. So you could not find more than 2 seats in a row to seat your group of 5 in - 10 mins prior to start. Meantime, literally 100's of people are lined into the halls waiting for the rest of the seating to open. Everyone was forced into being assholes - the frustrated attendants and the frustrated people who just wanted to sit down. It almost became war. I guess Jehuber was 'blessing' that arrangement too.

The hotel gimic became so stupid I finally just started making my own arrangements - evil as that was to do but the stampede to the KH phone after the list was 'released' was ridiculous. Funny how the elders always seemed to get rooms at the 'good' hotels all the while claiming not to have used the 'list' before the meeting. Funny how the 'good' hotels were booked solid 5 mins after our Tuesday night meeting - again, supposedly no one used the 'list' before that. Funny.

• sf
    sf

"...not to poop in the sinks, or whatever..."

Bwahhhhhh ROFLOL ahhhhhhh!!

This board is hilariASS today.

sKally

Edited by - sf on 30 January 2003 14:56:48

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

...."the herd of cattle plowed it's way up."....

hahaha

...." and the reason they wouldn't open? To make it appear more crowded - forcing everyone to fill every last seat in the lower level"....

HAHAHAHAHA

....."The hotel gimic became so stupid I finally just started making my own arrangements - evil as that was to do but the stampede to the KH phone after the list was 'released' was ridiculous".....

Goddamn. Funniest thing Ive read all week

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember reading those instructions from the WT and always had to wonder what in the heck is in the minds and actions of a few? Not to poop in the sink??? I remember the one where people were stealing towels from the hotel rooms and using them for saving seats. I also remember people arriving in their pajamas in order to get the best seats. This beat the other guy mentality??? Also remember the kids from hell making life miserable at the hotel pool or on the elevator? UGHHHHHHH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit