CONGRATS TO HAWKAW, SKULLY ET AL

by acsot 28 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Gerard ... I'm not sure. Bowdens does all the re-printing for CBC.

... I am kinda busy as I am trying to feed another reporter I am trying to feed right now ....

.. Can I talk to Linda tomorrow and let you know.

Give an Email to Scully and she will line you up with me.

hawk

• JH
    JH

Great Work Scully, Hawkaw & all the others who worked so hard. The angels must have been helping you.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Thank you to all involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen it yet, but in chat everyone was saying how good it was, so I can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have direct TV but my copy of the program was dropped in the mail today and I should be getting it sometime next week!!!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I just wanted to thank those that were either in the program or behind the scenes. I think it was well done and hopefully will make at least a few persons stop and think...

The WT comes across as very cold (because they are very cold) and my heart goes out to those that went through what they did and had the courage to come forward in the interests of protecting others.

No one chooses to become a JW in this country anymore unless they are influenced from childhood to do so or they are a new immigrant that is taken advantage of. My hope is that this program will make active JW stop and think and realize that not everything "critical and negative" are lies made up by "apostates".

Path

Edited by - pathofthorns on 30 January 2003 16:21:13

• Dino
    Dino

Indeed!

Thanks to Hawk, Scully and all the Canadian gang that pushed this through.

And Hawk, it was a pleasure talking to you the other day.

Thanks for your help.

Dino

• Scully
    Scully

I appreciate everyone's kind words and I feel kind of embarrassed taking any credit for this. My motivation isn't and wasn't for any praise for myself. This has always been about the survivors. Without them, this show - and every other program on this subject - would never have happened. People like Holly and Heather Berry, Mike Moss, and Vicki Boer are the ones who deserve SO much credit for their courage in coming forward and standing up for the justice that is rightfully theirs. I'm so proud of them!!

Love, Scully

• onacruse
    onacruse

Congrats to Holly, Heather, Vicki, Mike and all you others that take such a bold stand and prove to the world that you are survivors!

For hawkaw, Scully, and so many others...thanks for helping these survivors bravely tell their story to millions of people.

And Scully, thanks for reminding me who it is that deserves the credit!

Heart out to you all!

Craig

• Simon
    Simon

"hear hear"

Well done to all involved in any way

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Scully:

Very well said.

But you and so many others put sooo much into this program behind the scenes and in publicizing the program. You are deserving of thanks.

Many people behind the scenes provided interviews not used. Resources, support, publications, their own experiences, jurisprudence, but in a 40 minute program only so much was used. But without the support and effort by so many it may have never gotten off the ground.

Thanks to Leora, Linda and Karma (sp??)at the CBC for doing all the leg work and putting it all together too!!

The intent of this show was never for it to be about the advocates, like Bill, Barbara or the guy in the shadows.

This was about the survivors of abuse growing to become survivors of a cult that re-abused them. It wasn't about bringing 'down the tower' but making them accountable for the harm they caused to so many.

To Mike, Heather and Holly, Vicky, and those not mentioned in the show but who's stories meant so much in geting the message out there. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Every story, tear shed and experience shared with the CBC contributed to the overall show and it would not have been as well put together without that input.

Here's to the real heros! The survivors of abuse both roaring and silent and all inbetween!!

Uzzah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit