CONGRATS TO HAWKAW, SKULLY ET AL

by acsot 28 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot

The Fifth Estate program last night was a great example of investigative journalism. Believe me, there's a lot of talk going on in these parts about the show last night. Some trying to gloss it over, but even at that there are some die-hard JWs who are feeling pretty uncomfortable. One at work said to me, "well, I still believe in Jehovah, but there are a lot who are going to have to answer for what they did." That might not seem like much but the attitude awhile ago was "if the Society says jump, we ask how high".

Another one said "why didn't the Society just apologize? Why couldn't they at least say we're sorry!"

Another JW said to me, "what did I get myself into all those years ago? I just wanted to learn about the Bible. If other religions had been teaching the Bible I never would have become a JW."

Cracks are appearing!

CONGRATULATIONS HAWKAW, SKULLY AND EVERYONE ELSE!

• badboy
    badboy

I wonder what the fallout is going 2 B

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

There was a good team of people who worked hard on this. And ... Bill Bowen ... you did good man .... god damn good. The way you came off last night with all the victims and "shadow man" really showed Survivors that they can stand up to these "bastards" and NOT have to live in fear.

Now .... people ..... LET'S GO KICK SOME MORE TIRES AND LIGHT SOME MORE FIRES!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOHOOOO!!

hawk

• JH
    JH

It would be nice, if this program would pass in french for people in Quebec and France. I know that many french people in Quebec don't watch english television. Many block the english channels on the their TV sets. Does anybody know if it will pass in other languages.

Since the CBC in canada has english AND french TV channels, there shouldn't be any problem, unless they are unable to translate in french.

Edited by - jh on 30 January 2003 11:4:9

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

A lot of French speaking people in the province of Quebec speak english and the Montreal Gazette gave the show a very important write up.

Also 2 of the 8 million people who live in the province speak English as their main language.

We got their attention and we WILL get more.

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 30 January 2003 11:52:20

• metatron
    metatron

Congratulations to Hawkaw and all!

Keep chipping away!

metatron

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

Well, I think it's starting.

Lot's can still be done.

Don't give up now.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hawk,

I too would like to join the accolade and thank yourself and others who worked hard to make this program work. Your untiring unseen activities in the cause of justice and honor does you credit.

One day, in the not to distant future, the WTS will be forced to do what it has always claimed is its only priority, that is, caring for the welfare of others. Its long-term publicly obscured agenda of caring for itself as its prime cause, is daily being exposed for the cynical corporate hypocrisy that it truly is.

As to any serving elders looking in at these posts, well, you may feel that by being loyal to the WTS you are serving the interests of God and this is where your confidence in the system is really based. In the interests of truth however, you must look to yourselves, your leaders are using you as soft targets. Ask Brian Cairns and others who have been and are being dragged through the courts of Law just how loyal the WTS is to them. Have their health suffered for allegiance to God, or because they are caught in a situation that should never have happened? They now find themselves acceptable collateral damage to the WTS as is strives, once again, to protect its evil heart.

HS

Edited by - hillary_step on 30 January 2003 11:25:33

• Scully
    Scully

Write up in the Montreal Gazette:

http://www.canada.com/search/story.aspx?id=e8b4a92c-7a0b-4817-b02e-fa84bedb991d Charges against Jehovah's Witness elders

BASEM BOSHRA
    The Gazette
    Wednesday, January 29, 2003
    ADVERTISEMENT

What to watch: The Fifth Estate (CBMT-6, 9 to 10 p.m.) features Spiritual Shepherds, an explosive full-length report hosted by Bob McKeown that reveals disturbing allegations and evidence of sexual abuse of minors by elders of the Jehovah's Witness Church in Canada and the United States.

McKeown's interviews with abuse victims are heartbreaking and revealing, as they share their stories of being shamed, shunned and ultimately exiled by a church hierarchy more interested in keeping their allegations a secret than protecting defenseless children from horrific acts of abuse that they allege.

It's a shocking, powerful program that's sure to make waves in the Church, the officials of which refused to respond to the victims' allegations on camera, though not for a lack of trying on the part of the tenacious McKeown and the Fifth Estate team. The likely impact of this kind of report is precisely why it's essential media organizations continue to devote the substantial time and resources required to produce such important investigative journalism.

What to avoid: It just debuted Sunday during the Super Bowl, but is anyone else already sick of that Pepsi Twist ad with the ubiquitous Osbournes, the one where Jack and Kelly morph into the Osmonds and Ozzy wakes up with Florence Henderson? That's just what the Osbournes need: more TV exposure.

What else is on? Jeff Goldblum (The Fly, Jurassic Park) stars as a veteran war correspondent trying to cover the civil war in Uzbekistan while guiding his new photographer (Lake Bell) through all of the madness on War Stories (WPTZ-5, 8 to 10 p.m.), an expensive-looking NBC made-for-TV movie.

The Great Canadian Music Dream (CBMT-6, 8 to 9 p.m.) takes its search for the country's hottest young musical talent to Winnipeg, while judges Paula, Randy and Simon go to Hollywood for the next round of auditions - sure to be much more listenable than most of the ones we've heard so far - on American Idol (WFFF-44, 8:30 to 10 p.m.). Meanwhile, viewers of Star Search (WCAX-3, 8 to 9 p.m.) continue to seek an explanation for Arsenio Hall's baffling hair-do. (Save your energy; there isn't one.)

Fran?ois gets in trouble with the city when he builds a deck in his backyard without getting the proper permits on 450, Chemin du golf (CFJP-35, 8:30 to 9 p.m.), TQS's amusing suburban sitcom. (Although it's nowhere near as funny as the show's deafening laugh track, one of the loudest I've ever heard, would have us believe.)

Trista Rehn - aka The Bachelorette (WVNY-22, 8:30 to 10 p.m.) - gets an extra 30 minutes to eliminate one of four guys still vying for her affections, as well as prove the women of reality TV can be just as vapid and superficial as the guys.

And if you deem most of the above to be far too lowbrow for your refined taste in television, PBS's American Masters (WETK-33 and WCFE-57, 9 to 11 p.m.) presents a profile of the nearly century-old Juilliard School in New York City and the staggering number of accomplished artists who've passed through its hallowed halls. It's sure to be fascinating.

But I, for one, will likely be watching Celebrity Mole: Hawaii (WVNY-22, 10 to 11 p.m.) Hey, don't judge.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Congrats to Bill, hawkaw and the lambs!!!!!!!!

I live in the USA and have Directv. Is it too late to watch or does anyone know when they are going to air it again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit