Now this..... is freaky !

by gumby 56 Replies latest social humour

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

LOL. Here we go again, away out in left field. Not only did I not guess carrot, but I'm all alone in my choice. How about radish?

I know! I'm normal and everyone else are freaks!!

LoneWolf

• hippikon
    hippikon

I thought of Fred Hall

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    I thought of Fred Hall

Now THAT is funny.

• Faraon
    Faraon

I thought of a tomato first, then I remembered it was a fruit, not a vegetable.

Then I thought of comatose brain dead GB members. Just kidding. My second thought was lettuce.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Peas

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Hate to answer a thread that no one cares about anymore. But I just noticed this and I've wondered about it for 30 years. I did this one about 100 times as an experiment for school. Never saw a study done on this, although I'm sure there are some. I thought of carrot the first time I heard it 30 years ago, when I was 15 years old. I tried it on several people at work and at school (working in Pizza Hut at the time). Well over 90% went for carrot. Usually got 100% carrot from cargroups in service on people my age (at the time). I didn't get consistent responses from adults.

I don't think it has to do with pointing down or "arrow" and carrot, because it wasn't created as an Internet thing. I was told that "name a vegetable" should follow immediately after a bunch of verbal math problems whose answers were near 15, but this was merely intended to clear the mind of any possible thoughts of other vegetables. It's harder to clear the mind when we are reading. It should work better when one is prompting for the math answers and then surprises them with a quick vegetable question.

I figured the trick was that the surprise "name a [neutral] vegetable" although not asking for your favorite vegetable, tends to demand a non-negative response. Therefore the most neutral/positive vegetable most young people are most familiar with is the carrot. (It is also the most palatable vegetable to most children when they were learning their addition. Although I had the same success rate with subtraction problems as long as they were easy.) Grown-ups have competing thoughts about a lot of different vegetables, and their responses will tend to be all over the place.

Gamaliel

• teejay
    teejay

• little witch
    little witch

carrot!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

What a sucker! I went for the carrot, too.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Zuchinni....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit