Did Anyone Ever Like The Dramas?

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

At the District Convention, the highlight was always said to be the dramas. Did you really look forward to them? Was there one that ever stood out? One thing that I hated was the stupid dialogue that went on. "Father Knows Best" and "Leave It To Beaver" were not as corny as those skits.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Did Anyone Ever Like The Dramas?

Only the ones that you manufacture, my dear Minimus.

Farkel

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I never liked them 'caused they never seemed like dramas. They mostly consisted of two people talking and describing what happened or what was happening in the distance. They modern day ones weren't quite as bad, but I agree that they were corny.

• sisteract
    sisteract

Hi Minimus,

I was just saying that I hadn't seen you for a while on the forum. I'm south of Boston, Ma, and I think you are on the north shore. Of interest to you may be a meet-up this sat. at TGIF on rt.9 in Framingham at shopper's world. It's at 5pm, but I will be attending around 6pm do to my work schedule. Scumrat and JJRIZ and myself and a couple of others may attend.

Sorry to get off the subject. But quite honestly I looked forward to the dramas--not for the excitement and fine acting ability of the lip-sinkers- but for just a PLAIN BREAK from all that jargon and 3 part symposiums about Ezekiel. BORING!!!!!!! I was an avid note taker, and the dramas would at least give me a time-out from scribbling all the BS there.

see ya sisteract

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

I admit to looking forward to them. When I was a little kid, that was the only time i wanted to be awake. As a teen, it was the only time I finally got to sleep. I was in one once, I guess that's the only one that stands out.

• truman
    truman

Did I ever like the dramas? Well, 'like' is a relative term. In one way, yes, I enjoyed them, and looked forward to them. They were a bit of tolerable amusement in the midst of the endless tedium of the hours upon hours of indistinguisable talks from the platform.

On the other hand, they were trite, overblown, contrived examples of heavy-handed moralism. The production values were of a sort which would be laughed at if presented at a school play. The main reason the assembly attendees relish them is because,at least during the hour of their presentation, time passed a bit more quickly.

• minimus
    minimus

Fark, Can you imagine a drama based upon you? It could be named, "Beware Of Apostate Pianists".

• email
    email

Are you kidding me.. I think dramas were the only reason I actually went to the district conventions ... I know... it's sad...

Edited by - email on 29 January 2003 23:57:1

• Roddy
    Roddy

Dramas in the last 10 to 15 years or so are heavily moralistic with an organizational slant. Prior to that the dramas more closer to scripture and, to a degree, less imbedded with WTS agenda. The WTS agenda is almost shamelessly blown all over the dramas these days.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Anyone remember the Notingham drama? That was a real killer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit