Are You A Happy "Apostate"?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

I am a happy ex-JW. I do have to also agree with Stinkypantz though. There are times when I really miss my JW friends and wonder what their lives are like. I have all new friends now, but there's something about the people you spent your childhood with. My family is another issue. My family is so dysfunctional that them shunning me is a blessing (only a few of them actually shun me). I had a lot of issues as a JW, so I can honestly say that I'm happier now than I ever was while I was in.

• enjoy
    enjoy

SURE AM!!! best thing that ever happened to me...

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I don't consider myself to be an apostate. If you think of yourself as an apostate are you not unconsciously saying that the Watch Tower is true and that you are standing apart from God's organization? The JWs can fling the term around, but I don't view anyone here as an apostate. I have been associated with several religions during my spiritual journey. Therefore, I don't consider myself an ExJW any more than I am an ex-Unitarian. However, I am much happier now that I am free of the Watch Tower.

Sincerely,

Athanasius

• greven
    greven

I fully enjoy my mental freedom. Yes! I am very happy! Like a puppy-dog chasing butterflies!

Greven.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I've never been one for labeling, it's negative. Negativity lacks the human touch and that is, compassion, love and understanding.

Guest 77

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I am very happy with my life now.....I now know what unconditional love is.....

Lisa

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Well, let's see...I'm out of the cult and married to the most wonderful woman in the world, and am finally getting an edjamacation...

Yep, pretty happy!

• minimus
    minimus

"APOSTATE" is the term I like to use because it's what the Society calls anyone that disagrees or questions them. Therefore, proudly, I am a HAPPY "APOSTATE". ( and just because I use their term, it doesn't mean that they control me.Otherwise, don't ever use the term they use, DISFELLOWSHIP.)

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Leaving the JW's behind didn't really make me happy. I knew it was the right thing to do, and I lived very unhappily with the results of losing many wonderful friends and beloved family. The cost was high and I was emotionally unstable.

I'm not an Apostate, because I don't actively protest against Jehovah's Witnesses as individuals or as a group, or any other faith. Although I have my opinions, I let people serve their creator any way they choose, as long as they don't throw it in my face, or try to put me on some sort of guilt trip. If someone questions me, I will give them an answer. If someone needs direction or help, hey I will be happy to lend a loving hand and heart. It is a very personal decision for each of us. Most all of us were very sincere, dedicated JW's, and that is still the way I feel about those still "inside". They are simply being misled and I feel sorry for them, that they don't feel free to think for themselves and get out. They do have free will, they just don't know it.

Yes, I am a happy person, deep down in my heart. It took me a long time to realize that it was alright to be happy, and that I'm not going to be destroyed, and that I am not a wicked, evil person. JW's did their damage, but I allowed them to do it to me. I'm stronger now.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Definitely happier!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit