Are You A Happy "Apostate"?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since you've left the "truth", are you now, finally, happy?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Yes and No

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Define. If you mean am I estactically thrilled every waking moment, then no. But am I pleased with the turn my life has taken? Yes. Am I glad I'm no longer associated with Jehovah's Witnesses? You betcha. Would I consider going back? Nope. Nyet. Nein.

How's that?

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Yes, I'm happier out than in. I don't have to associate with superficial 'family' and I'm free to read what I want, when I want without someone condemning me.

Early mornings are special as I can pray to God as the sun comes up and I can thank him for the beautiful earth He's given us. He doesn't care about my service record.

No need to remember the latest buzz words and phrases. I got counciled by an elder's wife when I let slip that I read something on the bulletin board. Of course this was on a Thursday....named for a pagan god, as I recall.

All in all, being out is better than being in. Warrigal

• minimus
    minimus

Big Tex, You sound HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stinky, I'm not so sure about you.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yes I am... even though I have had to deal with the shunning.

It is sad when one is in an organization that hurts so much that one is willing to accept shunning in order to get out.

• shera
    shera

I was happy when I left,but I am now "more" happy with leaving ,after finding out the history and the BS that is going on now.Just to think I could have raised my daughter in that foolishness!

I still have anixety attacks,but they are not as bad as they used to be.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Min:

Put it this way I have had clinical depression for over two years and AM HAPPIER NOW then I was then LOLIf that isn't sad LOL Having control over ones life is price less

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Yes, because many of my doubts have been clarified. No, because I lost most of my friends. Yes, because I am married to a wonderful non-JW. No, because my family has disowned me. Yes, because I am getting an education. . . etc. . . etc. . .

• email
    email

Like StinkyPantz there are always pros and cons... BUT... I can truly say that the pros definitely outweight the cons...

So... YES!... I am a happy "Apostate"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit