A ship (no matter how big) will ultimately sink if it has a hole

by iconoclastic 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    And I thought this thread was going to be about HMS Jdub.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Actually not always true..... ships have compartments that are water tight so the damage can be confined to one area.

To get into your mode of thinking that's the way civilization is, there are serious geographic,religious and political separations among the billions of people alive today. We do not all feel or experience the impact of an event or disaster equally.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Slidin Fast2 minutes agoAnd I thought this thread was going to be about HMS Jdub.

That makes two of us. Sometimes reading his posts I feel like a blind person who thinks he is reading a violent story in braIlle when in fact a practical joker has handed him a cheese grate.
  • DJS
    DJS

Icon,

As everyone knows, the haters receive most of my ire on this site, closely followed by the conspiracy theorists and those coming onto this site presenting themselves as the new Governing Body, the sage and visionary that we all should pay attention to because you have understanding not available to all of those before you. And clearly a direct conduit to the big girl in the sky.

At least Perry is humble enough to copy and paste others' views.

It's bad enough that you come onto this site serving up the same pile of steaming woo with just a few different ingredients. The really, really vile part is that you speak as the visionary and the all knowing one.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    To piggy back on gordinos thought, Your thread title is incorrect. Most modern ships have a number of inlets for a variety of purposes. They dont sink. Even excluding designed inlets, ships don't automatically sink from a hole. They only sink if the ships ablity to pump the water back out is overcome. Thats all i really care to bother with in that long diatribe. If you cant even get your opening illustration right i cant be bothered to help you with the rest.
  • iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Giordano & Morpheus

Ship means “a large seagoing vessel” (used for transporting people/goods)-- http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ship

I did not use the word modern ship. If you look at the whole earth now, see how many ships you can find with the facility you mentioned, and how many without that facility. It will really be a surprise for you. I have worked in merchant navy for two decades.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    DJS

But I enjoy your ire and your talking against 2nd Law of Thermodynamics that order is moving towards chaos.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Ok, ok, lots of little holes will sink a ship.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    This explains how the scriptures were also corrupted. Scriptures were originally written to show how the Law of Cause and Consequences works.

Have you heard the term, "You're not EVEN wrong!" ?

It means that you are so far from "correct" that you would have to get closer to be considered wrong.

The original reason why stories were written by men and later called scriptures was not to "show how the Law of Cause and Consequences works."

There will be great arguments, but virtually none will say what you said. The writing of these stories was most highly likely to give a story to the Hebrews that would bind them together.

As far as "cause and consequences" goes, I do believe Genesis and Exodus were saying "Do as God says because he will mess you up if you don't." The rest of the Pentateuch tended to say "And obey all these laws and give sacrifices to the priests," so we can guess what that was about easily enough.

Anyway, with such purposes, the writings were not corrupted but possibly enhanced to further their purposes.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...............The WatchTower Ship is Still Floating..

........It Has Plenty of GB "Rock Star Pope" A-Holes..

Image result for Watchtower governing body

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit